Free Digital Template & FREE Mother's Day kit-CLOSED

RandiOh
Digital Designers
Gallery: 11

Free Digital Template & FREE Mother's Day kit-CLOSED

Post by RandiOh »

~~~~~~~~~UPDATE~~~~~~~~~~~~~ thanks so much for playing! we are closing this challenge at 5pm today , May  4 - so get your last LO's uploaded and we'll be sending links to the kit. AND don't worry, we're pretty lax, if you do the template just send me or Isabel a PM and you will get the kit. You just need to post before 5pm. Dona, you're good -- when you are done with your LO, I will send you links to the kit :)

I will update and officially close this thread at 5pm.

Thanks! Have a great day ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! Hope you are all having a good day. I wanted to tell you that Crisdam Designs, that's Isabel Mendez, and Randi Oh Designs (that's me!) are bringing to you a Template Challenge in celebration of National Scrapbooking Day!

Celebrating at A Cherry on Top.com during the 52 fun filled hours  of cropping, classes, chatting and challenges - you'll want to mark your calendars - for Friday, May 2nd at 7p.m.

Here's the scoop:
We're giving you a free, layered PSD template, available free for download when the party starts. You create a Layout using the template with any papers you choose, add any additional elements you wish. It does not have to be one of our digital scrapbook kits, although that would be nice ;). When you've completed your Layout, you must post to this NSD thread at with a link to your page. Please upload your LO to both Crisdam Designs and Randi Oh Designs Galleries. At the end of the contest and the end of 52 hours of happy, magical fun here at A Cherry On Top, you will be given Mom: a Mother's Day Kit as our gift to you.  We hope you will join us!!

Here is a preview of the template:

and here is a preview of MOM: A Mother's Day Kit -- come and win it -- all you have to do is create a Layout using the FREE template!

the details:

and here's my LO I did using the Template and the kit :)
Last edited by RandiOh on Sun May 04, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
_____
Peace & Scrappiness,
Randi
click the blinkies for my store & blog :)
Image*Image Image
~ be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi
lizziej
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 81

Re: Free Digital Template & FREE Mother's Day kit - Friday @7pm

Post by lizziej »

Sounds fun! 

I don't know about anybody else, but I can't see the template.
Liz - HOOK 'EM HORNS!!
The only good addict is an alpha addict!
megamay
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 983

Post by megamay »

cool! I am really new to digi scrapping and I dont even know what a template is, but I would be up for trying. Do we have to be here EXACTLY at 7pm ?
lizziej
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 81

Post by lizziej »

NOW I can see the template and kit; I'm not sure why it wasn't posting before. 

That is one cute template and one awesome kit!!!
Liz - HOOK 'EM HORNS!!
The only good addict is an alpha addict!
RandiOh
Digital Designers

Post by RandiOh »

sorry, was uploading the template! you can actually download it any time you want and play with it :)

HOPE to see your LO's and looking forward to giving you the kit!

See ya Friday !!!!
_____
Peace & Scrappiness,
Randi
Image*Image Image
crisdam
Digital Designers
Gallery: 37

Post by crisdam »

No you don't have to be at 7 sharp.  However, the party starts at 7.  That is when we give the details on how you can download the template.   BTW, the colors and details on the kit are fabulous.  This is a kit you must have ;)
RandiOh
Digital Designers

Post by RandiOh »

[quote="megamay"] cool! I am really new to digi scrapping and I dont even know what a template is, but I would be up for trying. Do we have to be here EXACTLY at 7pm ?[/quote]you can be here whenever you want to :) It's running the whole weekend. We have included instructions on how to work with a layered template in the download. The first post has a link to download the template. SO looking forward to seeing what you come up with! AND, don't worry about anything.. Isabel and I will be around to answer any questions you have :D
_____
Peace & Scrappiness,
Randi
Image*Image Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

That is awesome!  I can't wait!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Bea
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 56

Post by Bea »

Thank you!! Randi, I downloaded the free template, but when I open it in PSE5, it says something about a missing something with the font? It says to click on Layer and Type and one other thing, which I did but then I don't know what to do next. Appreciate any help.
Bea
God bless America!!!
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

no way! a WHOLE kit just for completing a layout!! Whooo that is awesome Randi & Isabel!  love that template too :inlove:
Image Image
RandiOh
Digital Designers

Post by RandiOh »

[quote="Bea"] Thank you!! Randi, I downloaded the free template, but when I open it in PSE5, it says something about a missing something with the font? It says to click on Layer and Type and one other thing, which I did but then I don't know what to do next. Appreciate any help.[/quote]

Simple. It means you do not have that font installed on your computer. Just use whatever font you would like. Did you read through the Instuction text file? If you need more help, send me a PM and we'll get it going :)
_____
Peace & Scrappiness,
Randi
Image*Image Image
RandiOh
Digital Designers

Post by RandiOh »

[quote="MamaK321"] no way! a WHOLE kit just for completing a layout!! Whooo that is awesome Randi & Isabel!  love that template too :inlove:[/quote]
Way :-D! Hope to see your LO too. The kit will go into the stores for sale officially on Monday, May 5th. Yay... Isabel and I are SO excited about this, we love to design and give! This is a perfect way for us to do that AND to say hi to all the digital scrappers since we are fairly new here at ACOT.

Can't wait to get the ParTaY started! <insert dancing emoticon> ;)
_____
Peace & Scrappiness,
Randi
Image*Image Image
crisdam
Digital Designers
Gallery: 37

Post by crisdam »

Can not wait to see all your LOs.  This was a very nice experience for me and pretty sure for Randi too.  btw the kit will hit the stores on Monday, May 5th.  So let's see who will be the lucky ones to get it for free!
RandiOh
Digital Designers

Post by RandiOh »

[quote="crisdam"]Can not wait to see all your LOs.  This was a very nice experience for me and pretty sure for Randi too.  btw the kit will hit the stores on Monday, May 5th.  So let's see who will be the lucky ones to get it for free![/quote]
It was FANTABULOUS designing with you, Isabel.. you are a very talented lady! Yes.. who will get the kit for free?
_____
Peace & Scrappiness,
Randi
Image*Image Image
FuzzyBunny
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 70

Post by FuzzyBunny »

Thanks!!! This template looks FABULOUS and I can't wait to make something with it, post to both galleries, and play along!!! Great Collaboration, ladies!!!
I love being an Oh Girl!
milmomma
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 67

Post by milmomma »

I'm still fairly new too. I just downloaded it, and have no clue what i'm doing. I tried reading and got confuzed (that happens easly). I'm hoping to play around with it tomorrow and figure out how to use a templet, I just got clipping masks down, lol. I have so much to learn! :)
RandiOh
Digital Designers

Post by RandiOh »

[quote="milmomma"] I'm still fairly new too. I just downloaded it, and have no clue what i'm doing. I tried reading and got confuzed (that happens easly). I'm hoping to play around with it tomorrow and figure out how to use a templet, I just got clipping masks down, lol. I have so much to learn! :)[/quote]ah, if you have clipping masks down this should be simple :) Drag the paper you want on top of the layer you want the paper 'clipped' to, then hit CTRL+G (CMD+G for Mac, and CTRL+ALT+G for PSCS2) - your paper should be clipped to the layer beneath it. now you can add a drop shadow. and you can also remove a layer completely if you don't want to use it.

Just drag and clip and PM me with any questions, if you have them :) Hope this helped! We'll get your template done and you will be hooked. Thanks for playing!
_____
Peace & Scrappiness,
Randi
Image*Image Image
Miss Daisy-NC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by Miss Daisy-NC »

This is great......thank you....the kit is awesomeImage
Charlotte
BeatrizS
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 222

Post by BeatrizS »

I have never done a digi layout.  I downloaded Photoshop cs3 trial version but have no clue how to use it... Anyone know where i could read up step by step how to create a digi LO.  Thanks :)
RandiOh
Digital Designers

Post by RandiOh »

you are welcome, Charlotte :D

Beatriz -- here is a tutorial I just found to create your first LO in PSCS3: http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/un ... page.shtml

if you need help with the template just hollar (shoot me a PM) ;)
_____
Peace & Scrappiness,
Randi
Image*Image Image

Return to “NSD Crop 2008”