*WINNER* Flasher's Flashback Layout Challenge

Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

*WINNER* Flasher's Flashback Layout Challenge

Post by Flasher »

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR PLAYING ALONG!  I JUST LOVE, LOVE, LOVED LOOKING AT ALL OF THE FLASHBACKS!  THEY ARE ALL FANTASTIC!  THE RANDOMLY DRAWN WINNER OF THE 1,000 POINTS IS . . . LOREEN C.!

:greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove:

Another one of my fairly regular things here on the MB is to post Flashback Friday pics.  I just love looking back and remembering  "when".  My previous hint mentioned you needed a picture of yourself, at least 20 years old.  I hope you have it ready, because I want you to scrap it!  You may scrap it anyway you like, any colors you like, any theme you like, any . . . anything!  I just want to get a peek at some of you from back "then" -- whenever that might be.

Entries will be due by May 10, 2019 at 11:59 PM.  This is open to layouts only.  One entry per person.  No combining with any other board challenges.  Please post your layout in the iNSD 2019 Celebration Gallery and here in this thread.  I will randomly choose one participant who will win 1000 points!  Remember, if you are unable to track down a photo of yourself, I will allow a flashback of anyone or anything -- as long as it was taken at least 20 years ago.

Here is my example.  Look . . . it's Baby Flasher.  These pics are exactly 50 years old!  I wish I could figure out how to enlarge, because the picture on the right of me looking into the basket . . . my tongue is literally hanging out of my mouth as I stare at that chocolate bunny!  As you can see by the bottom pic, I really enjoyed that bunny!  Enjoy my flashback!

Last edited by Flasher on Sat May 11, 2019 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1040

Re: Flasher's Flashback Layout Challenge

Post by pawprints »

Oh Laura I LOVE your flashback layout!!! Little Flasher is so ADORABLE!! Great challenge!

I was able to zoom on my screen and I see that little tongue sticking out!!

Image Image Image Image

tms58
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 123

Post by tms58 »

Fabulous LO.  I STILL love the Easter Bunny for Chocolate and Jelly Beans!  Fun Challenge.  I will try to get it done.
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

Love this challenge!  It is fun to go back and scrap old photos...most of them are better quality than the ones I have now!  lol  Here is little me, 40-some years ago. :)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 444

Post by DN in MN »

I love your layout, Laura!  I hope to get this challenge done!  
2024 Layout goal ~ 6/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

Super fun challenge
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 5:29 pm
Love this challenge!  It is fun to go back and scrap old photos...most of them are better quality than the ones I have now!  lol  Here is little me, 40-some years ago. :)
Gorgeous!  You are on the ball!

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 939

Post by suewho372 »

Oh my goodness!!!! That is adorable!!! I found a photo from 1972 !!!
Susan

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

Art_Teacher wrote:

Oh my goodness....I was a majorette in high school!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

emmapaige wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 7:13 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:

Oh my goodness....I was a majorette in high school!

I had plans to be, but my band director had other plans. He turned our last majorette into a field commander in 1984. I ended up being the piccolo section leader. Oh well! lol
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
kittymomma
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 341

Post by kittymomma »

Great layout! I think I figured it out-- initially I thought you meant we had to be at least 20 years old in the picture--but you mean it has to be at least 20 years old-- so we can be any age--just at least two decades ago...
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Me and my little sister sometime around the late 50's/early 60's. We are all dressed up for Easter.

**ETA - I got a better pic now that it is daylight and sunny out. Looks closer to the real thing lol.**
Last edited by pawprints on Mon May 06, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Image Image Image Image

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

pawprints wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:39 pm
Me and my little sister sometime around the late 50's/early 60's. We are all dressed up for Easter.

Oh my what GORGEOUS colors!  I love, love, love the photo . . . especially the hats!

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Laura wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:41 pm
pawprints wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:39 pm

Oh my what GORGEOUS colors!  I love, love, love the photo . . . especially the hats! 
Lol and look at those little purses and the white gloves!!

Thank you for the challenge to scrap that pic. It is one of my favs of me and my sister.

Image Image Image Image

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

I was so enamored by the hats I didn't even notice the gloves!  Why don't we do that anymore?  :greenlol:

JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

That is such a cute layout and adorable pictures!
I love this challenge, I'm just going to have trouble deciding which photos to use. :-D
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
cat1393
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 221

Post by cat1393 »

Today, I found 2 pics of when I made my Communion! I might have more. Hope to get this done.

Christine
Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Post by Sandi0805 »

Great challenge Laura.  Now to find some old pictures.  
 Image ImageImage
meterr70
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 229

Post by meterr70 »

My flashback is me in about 1972

TERRI  :greenwinkb: :greeninlove: ​​​​​​​ ​​
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 986

Post by blfonty »

All of the submissions and the sample layout are wonderful! It's so fun to see the old photos and how the layout is designed by each Cherry. Hope I get some scrappy time in the next couple evenings so I can scrap some early photos of myself. I love Little Flasher and thanks for the Flashback Challenge.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Return to “NSD Celebration 2019”