Windows 2003 installation issue

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ichoudhury

Windows 2003 installation issue

Post by ichoudhury »

PHPSVR: Poller[0] ERROR: The PHP Script Server MUST be started using the full path to the file and in lower case. This is a PHP Bug!!!
Any idea how to resolve this issue? I am using the latest ..0.8.6e.

My env is Windows 2003 Std Server
IIS 6.0 (d:/inetpub/wwwroot/cacti)
PHP 5x (D:/php
MySQL Latest (d:/mysql)
RRD Tool (The one from cacti ftp server) (d:/rrdtool)
CACTID (tried cmd.php too) (d:/cactid)
net-snmp (installed in D/usr)

MBDIRS path is set to D:/usr/mibs rather than D:/php/mibs.

when I run php-win.exe poller.php (I get a blank DOS windows) while php.exe poller.php gives me

D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti>php.exe poller.php
06/26/2005 08:31:12 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] DEBUG: About to Spawn a Remote Proces
s [CMD: D:/cactid/cactid.exe, ARGS: 0 2]
Waiting on 1/1 pollers.
Waiting on 1/1 pollers.
Waiting on 1/1 pollers.
Waiting on 1/1 pollers.

(before I wont even give that when I was using cmd.php)...

Should I just stick to default path? But I want to install everything in my D:\ drive...
There are those who think fast, and there are others who sleep on a decision. I belong to the third group.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Do a screen print of you "Settings->Paths" and post it.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
ichoudhury

screen capture is attached...

Post by ichoudhury »

(By the way, I tried either D:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cacti vs D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti)

here's some more recent logs

06/26/2005 09:32:00 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] DEBUG: About to Spawn a Remote Process [CMD: D:\cactid\cactid.exe, ARGS: 0 2]
06/26/2005 09:16:57 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] Maximum runtime of 296 seconds exceeded. Exiting.
06/26/2005 09:12:00 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] DEBUG: About to Spawn a Remote Process [CMD: D:/cactid/cactid.exe, ARGS: 0 2]
06/26/2005 09:11:57 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] Maximum runtime of 296 seconds exceeded. Exiting.
06/26/2005 09:07:00 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] DEBUG: About to Spawn a Remote Process [CMD: D:/cactid/cactid.exe, ARGS: 0 2]
06/26/2005 09:06:57 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] Maximum runtime of 296 seconds exceeded. Exiting.
06/26/2005 09:02:00 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] DEBUG: About to Spawn a Remote Process [CMD: D:/cactid/cactid.exe, ARGS: 0 2]
06/26/2005 09:01:57 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] Maximum runtime of 296 seconds exceeded. Exiting.

I noticed that image aren't showing...so am I missing a correct path somewhere?
Attachments
cacti_path.gif
cacti_path.gif (48.13 KiB) Viewed 7139 times
There are those who think fast, and there are others who sleep on a decision. I belong to the third group.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Set logging to DEBUG, open a cmd window, goto D:\Cactid, and run cactid.exe and post the output.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Moved to win32 section.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Possible permission issue.

You double checked the user running the scheduled task has the proper rights on all the files cacti uses?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

I'm thinking cactid.conf.dist issue.

TheWitness

ichoudhury

Post by ichoudhury »

Sorry, got extremely busy with something (in fact, I wish cacti was there to warn me ;-)) ... anyway... I am back to try it (I want to demo this to somebody tomorrow, so want to get it working).

1) I ran cactid.exe and got an error saying that it cannot access mysql. I installed the binary version (zip) you have in the cacti.net. I can manually connect fine, but not cactid.

(I am attempting to install from the source code like the installation recommends, but my net-snmp compile erroring out, so installed the binary version).

2) I gave cacti (the user full permission on all the directory cacti accesses D:\cactid D:\php D:\Inetpub\WWWroot\cacti D:\RRDTool all....

I also made sure cacti user can run batch job and service (via Group Policy editor).
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

You must specify either a fully qualified domain name or the IP address of the server in cactid.conf. In addition, you must grant the user access via that host in your MySQL database. There is a line in the installation manual that starts: "GRANT ALL ...". You need to follow those instructions replacing "localhost" with either the FQDN or IP Address.

Then, if you continue to receive errors, you may have to turn on Old Password support (this shouldn't happen). You might only have to do this if you were running MySQL 4.1.

TheWitness

ichoudhury

Post by ichoudhury »

How do you turn on the old password support?

By the way

Here's output to cactid from command prompt

>cactid
CACTID: Using cactid config file [cactid.conf]
CACTID: MYSQL: Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through so
cket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

Here's how the conf file look

cactid.conf

DB_Host 192.168.1.120
DB_Database cacti
DB_User cacti
DB_Pass c@ct100

here's my manual attempt to connect to the db

$ mysql -u cacti -p cacti
Enter password: ********
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 122 to server version: 4.1.12a-nt

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql> status
--------------
d:\MySQL\bin\mysql.exe Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.12a, for Win32 (ia32)
Connection id: 122
Current database: cacti
Current user: cacti@localhost
SSL: Not in use
Using delimiter: ;
Server version: 4.1.12a-nt
Protocol version: 10
Connection: localhost via TCP/IP
Server characterset: latin1
Db characterset: latin1
Client characterset: latin1
Conn. characterset: latin1
TCP port: 3306
Uptime: 9 hours 45 min 47 sec

Threads: 2 Questions: 72195 Slow queries: 0 Opens: 269 Flush tables: 1 Open
tables: 2 Queries per second avg: 2.054

Do you think downloading the binary version from cacti.net expected me to install it in c:\ drive?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

When you debug, you must be in the same directory as the cactid binary.

TheWitness

ichoudhury

Post by ichoudhury »

Can you clarify a little please? Perhaps tell me some of the steps I need to take to resolve this issue.. Thanks.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Sorry, I seemed to have missed your first post. Your initial error message is related to your started task. It must be run from the cacti directory. You can test by running:

"php <path_cacti>/cmd.php"

Also, to set logging, you goto Settings->General and set the logging level to "DEBUG".

TheWitness

ichoudhury

Post by ichoudhury »

Sorry, I seemed to have missed your first post. Your initial error message is related to your started task. It must be run from the cacti directory. You can test by running:

"php <path_cacti>/cmd.php"
when I do that, I get (full path or without full path)

C:\>D:\php\php.exe D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\cmd.php
#!/usr/bin/php -q

06/28/2005 09:38:13 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: The PHP Script: CMD.PHP Must b
e started using the full path to the file and in lower case. This is a PHP Bug!
!!

php-win.exe doesn't return anything

Here's how the Schedule task look like
Attachments
scheduletask.GIF
scheduletask.GIF (16.25 KiB) Viewed 7054 times
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

put everything in "lower" case and you should be all set. In the scheduled task that is. It's a nasty thing.

TheWitness