Gaps on graphs

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

woytekm

Gaps on graphs

Post by woytekm »

Hello
I'm using cacti 0.8.6d with php poller. I'm getting gaps on graphs at a random times (see attached image). Logging is set to "LOW - statistisc and errors" and there is no errors in the logfile. Operating system used is solaris/sparc. I have tried to use cactid instead of php poller and there is no improvement - gaps are still showing on graphs. Can anybody give some advice on how to get rid of those gaps ?

Operating system: Solaris 8/sparc
Cacti version: 0.8.6d
rra files: 546
php poller: max concurrent processes : 3

thanks in advance
WoytekM
Attachments
graph.jpg
graph.jpg (38.31 KiB) Viewed 3891 times
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

Try running a rrdtool fetch command on the specified graph for the specific timeperiod (gaps) and check if the system was actually polled that time, if it was check if the value is corrent and if it falls inside the normal value limit (rra value limit).
/* * Oops. The kernel tried to access some bad page. We'll have to * terminate things with extreme prejudice. */ die_if_kernel("Oops", regs, error_code);
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

If you are running cmd.php, there is a new version in CVS that I want people to test. I also posted it here: http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=7433&start=15

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
woytekm

Post by woytekm »

pestilence wrote:Try running a rrdtool fetch command on the specified graph for the specific timeperiod (gaps) and check if the system was actually polled that time, if it was check if the value is corrent and if it falls inside the normal value limit (rra value limit).
Hi
Below is the output from rrdtool fetch command for the period with gap on graph:

timestamp cisco_memfree

1115600100: 5.7613491867e+07
1115600400: NaN
1115600700: NaN
1115601000: 5.7613664000e+07
1115601300: 5.7613656027e+07

For now - i've installed new cmd.php from cvs and i'll wait for the results.

WoytekM
woytekm

Post by woytekm »

Unfortunately the gaps are still showing after upgrading cmd.php to cvs version. What else can i try to fix this ?
WoytekM
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Are the hosts snmp hosts or script hosts?

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

TheWitness wrote:Are the hosts snmp hosts or script hosts?

TheWitness
Due to the cisco_memfree i suppose its an SNMP host.
Could you also check the cpu utilization on the router?
/* * Oops. The kernel tried to access some bad page. We'll have to * terminate things with extreme prejudice. */ die_if_kernel("Oops", regs, error_code);
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Please back off lib/snmp.php and see if this corrects the problem. In addition, what version of PHP are you running.

TheWitness

woytekm

Post by woytekm »

pestilence wrote:
TheWitness wrote:Are the hosts snmp hosts or script hosts?

TheWitness
Due to the cisco_memfree i suppose its an SNMP host.
Could you also check the cpu utilization on the router?
Hi
All of the graphs from cisco routers ( 12 routers ) have the same gaps, so i suppose it's not the problem of some particular device. The interesting thing is that graphs from solaris box polled via snmp does not have gaps.

PHP version:

PHP 4.3.11 (cgi) (built: Apr 21 2005 09:28:30)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies

WM
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

cmd.php or cactid perstilence and woytekm?

TheWitness

p.s. I heard a rumor that regular expression matching has problems in php 4.3.10, 4.3.11 and I assume in 5.0.4. That might have something to do with it as well. I am at a loss on this one. I did make an additional check in cmd.php. If you are using that, you might want to try CVS again.

Otherwise, if you back off lib/poller.php completely and it correct the problem, I would suspect the regular expression match bug.

TheWitness

woytekm

Post by woytekm »

TheWitness wrote:cmd.php or cactid perstilence and woytekm?

TheWitness

p.s. I heard a rumor that regular expression matching has problems in php 4.3.10, 4.3.11 and I assume in 5.0.4. That might have something to do with it as well. I am at a loss on this one. I did make an additional check in cmd.php. If you are using that, you might want to try CVS again.

Otherwise, if you back off lib/poller.php completely and it correct the problem, I would suspect the regular expression match bug.

TheWitness
I've tried upgrading php to 5.0.4 and no luck - gaps are still there. I've gave up on this solaris box - seems to be some system specific problem. Everything runs fine on a linux system, so i'll stick with this solution for now.

thanks.
WM
dinfiesta

I have the same problem.

Post by dinfiesta »

On fedora core 2
:(
Attachments
borrar.JPG
borrar.JPG (90.07 KiB) Viewed 3452 times
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Do you have gaps in other graphs? If not, increase timeout for that host.

TheWitness

dinfiesta

Post by dinfiesta »

TheWitness wrote:Do you have gaps in other graphs? If not, increase timeout for that host.

TheWitness
Yes...I have gaps in all graphs...installed a brand new redhat 9...same results :S
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Please verify that you only have 1 cron entry on 1 user.

TheWitness