Problem with Guest user and default pages

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

JimmyC

Problem with Guest user and default pages

Post by JimmyC »

Dear,

I have some problems with guest users and favorites.
e.g.
a user has this link in his favorites
http://cacti/cacti/graph_view.php?actio ... leaf_id=57

But when he opens this favorite; he gets the page http://cacti/cacti/graph_view.php?actio ... first=true, which is not the correct page,

When he opens the favorite again in the same window, it shows correctly.

In the user management part, the Login Option for guest is "Show the page that user pointed their browser to". But that doesn't seem to work ?
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Um, I know what you are talking about. I had the same problem in IE, but was not able to reproduce it in Mozilla.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

Same problem with mozilla. :(
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Do you have a proxy?
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

No, proxy is not used.
It's direct connection to the Cacti Server
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Can you submit a bug at bugs.cacti.net and I will take a look at it this coming week.
JVandermark

Post by JVandermark »

I have this problem as well. Could not find the bug submission, but i commented out the following in include/top_graph_header.php to resolve.

Code: Select all

if ((read_graph_config_option("default_tree_view_mode") == "2") && ($_REQUEST["action"] == "tree") && (!isset($_SESSION["sess_has_viewed_graphs"]))) {
	$_SESSION["sess_has_viewed_graphs"] = true;

$first_branch = find_first_folder_url();

if (!empty($first_branch)) {
		header("Location: $first_branch");
	}
}
Now if a guest user goes to the application, no default graph will show up- but that's fine by me.
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Expect a patch for this this weekend... I know what to do to fix it.