HDD Usage, please help.

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

dgraham

HDD Usage, please help.

Post by dgraham »

I have just installed cacti, and wanted to know if it were possible to monitor Windows 2000 Hard Disk Useage as well as Memory, and CPU. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You,
dan-
Thomas
Cacti User

Post by Thomas »

You can easily monitor your W2k server with the "Windows 2000/XP Host" Host Template.
Be aware that W2K doesn't set the values for virtual/real memory correctly. W2K3 does.
Thomas Rupp
dgraham

Post by dgraham »

It did not work when I tried it, but I will try again,

Thank You,
dan-
Thomas
Cacti User

Post by Thomas »

How do you create your Windows Host in acti?
Devices -> Add -> Host Template = Windows 2000/XP Host -> Create.
Then your screen should look like my screenshot.
Do you get any errors?
Attachments
Host.png
Host.png (31.74 KiB) Viewed 5254 times
Thomas Rupp
ppollet73

Post by ppollet73 »

Hello,
I have also just installed Cacti and monitoring my XP mounted partitions is just not working.
I have created my devices using W2k/XP template and i can do a snmpwalk on all my machines....
what''s more, all is just working fine for all my Un*x boxes, only windows fails...

Any idea ?

Regards

Pipol
Thomas
Cacti User

Post by Thomas »

Hi,
could you please check the following:
* After creating the device you should see some data following the header "SNMP Information". If you see "SNMP error" then something is wrong with your device configuration (hostname, community ...)
* What do you see under the heading "Associated Data Queries"? The query "SNMP - Get Mounted Partitions" should show a status of success and a lot of items.

Could you please post a screenshot of the device screen?
Could you please post the output of the "verbose query"?
Thomas Rupp
ppollet73

Post by ppollet73 »

I do not have the 'snmp error' instead i have the correct infos from my host.
The query "SNMP - Get Mounted Partitions" is success and when I try to create new graphs, I have the graphs for all my windows partitions (with correct names) however, there is no data coming in the graph ( even after several hours) and several runs of poller.php manually.

I can't send you a screenshot at the time, i will do it ASAP

Regards

Pipol
Thomas
Cacti User

Post by Thomas »

When graphs are created but they show no data then it's probably a problem with scaling.
"Auto Scale" should be enabled - otherwise cacti ignores values exceeding the upper limit (and I'm 100% sure that your disks exceed 100 bytes capacity ;-) ).
Attachments
Auto Scale should be enabled.
Auto Scale should be enabled.
Scale.png (4.29 KiB) Viewed 5209 times
Thomas Rupp
ppollet73

Post by ppollet73 »

OK, I will try that ASAP

thanks for your wquick answers !
ppollet73

Post by ppollet73 »

Hello,
I have not yet tried your tips, but I know it will not work.... because I have also no CPU info nor MEM info from my windows boxes and my cpu is always less than 100% :) !

Regards

Pipol
Thomas
Cacti User

Post by Thomas »

Then I have no further ideas :-(
Thomas Rupp
Riceman

Post by Riceman »

Man I got similar issues, when I choose the Windows 2000/XP Host and hit save it just sits there until execution of command.php times out. I click on create graphs for this host after it time out and nothing shows for the partitions. I click "run this data query in debug mode" and it times out as well. I have tried on several different win2k servers of mine still no joy.

What am I missing here, I can seem to graph anything under the sun but this.

Thanks in advance,

Nick
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Riceman,

1) Install Net-SNMP from http://www.net-snmp.org
2) Run snmpwalk from command line "snmpwalk -c <yourcommunity> -v <yourversion> <yourhostname>" to verify SNMP is working on your hosts.
3) Post your results.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

ppollet73,

What is your version of Cactid? What version of PHP? Did you "make" PHP yourself?

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
Riceman

Post by Riceman »

SNMP is working, I am graphing the interfaces and CPU/MEM usage on the host. I walked a host I have been trying to get working and the output was so much I piped it to a text file. I could send it to you if you would like to give it a one over.

Thanks man,