Exporting graphs...

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

nk7z

Exporting graphs...

Post by nk7z »

Hi,

I am running Ubuntu, 18.04.5 LTS, 64 bit, and Cacti 1.1.38. I would like to export graphs, as was possible in older versions of Cacti, but now has been removed from the later versions of Cacti. The plugin "gexport", does not support Ubuntu 1.1.38, or at least the release notes do not indicate this. The Ubuntu repository does not offer anything beyond Cacti 1.1.38 under LTS. Thus at this time, (without updating my cacti to current, or my system to current testing, either of which may be a major undertaking for me), I am unable to export graphs.

That said, I have a few questions:

1. If I upgrade to the current version of Cacti from 1.1.38, (not sure how to do this, but I bet there is a way), will the expected results be a running version of Cacti, that does not force me to redo all my graph setups?
2. Is there another plugin that does the same thing?
3. Are teh graphs stored anyplace I can get to, or are they generated dynamically?
4. Any other suggestions?

As you can tell, I am trying very hard to not have to update to the latest Ubuntu. I am trying to find a workaround... I am still new to Linux, (maybe 5 years), and as such still get surprises... I would like to avoid surprises... :)

Anyway, thank you for reading this, and I look forward to something that may help, or just someone telling me that the only way is vi path, X>Y>Z. Eitehr answer will help.
cigamit
Developer

Re: Exporting graphs...

Post by cigamit »

You can just download an older version of the plugin from the releases. v1.4.1 is compatible with old versions (1.1.X) versions of Cacti.
nk7z

Post by nk7z »

Thank you!!! I was not aware they kept the old ones available! That saves me a lot of work! THANKS!
nk7z

Post by nk7z »

Got it installed, and it appears to be running, but no graphs are exported... Time to go read the instructions on setup... Thanks again!!
nk7z

Post by nk7z »

...and it is now exporting the entire site as I wanted... Turns out there was a permissions issue. The error messages indicated that:

2021/04/04 19:25:03 - EXPORT PID: 31386 FATAL ERROR: Create directory /home/dcole/Downloads/cacti//js failed. Can not continue
2021/04/04 19:25:03 - CMDPHP PHP ERROR WARNING Backtrace: (/plugins/gexport/poller_export.php: 107 graph_export)(/plugins/gexport/functions.php: 120 run_export)(/plugins/gexport/functions.php: 162 exporter)(/plugins/gexport/functions.php: 419 create_export_directory_structure)(/plugins/gexport/functions.php: 1939 mkdir)(CactiErrorHandler)(/lib/functions.php: 4585 cacti_debug_backtrace)
2021/04/04 19:25:03 - ERROR PHP WARNING in Plugin 'gexport': mkdir(): Permission denied in file: /usr/share/cacti/site/plugins/gexport/functions.php on line: 1939

I allowed the target directory rw permissions form all... I need to now think about the security ramifications of that, and see what I can do to tighten things up a bit...

Again, thank you for teh help in pointing me at the older plugins. As I mentioned I am still a bit new to Linux.