New 64 bit counter graphs do not draw and throw SQL error

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

w60

New 64 bit counter graphs do not draw and throw SQL error

Post by w60 »

All,
I am trying to add 64 bit interface counters on to my cacti box that has been running without issue polling other identical devices using 64bit counters however the graphs do not draw at all for the 64bit counters, and in the cacti log I get the following error when I create them:

CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: A DB Exec Failed!, Error:'1064', SQL:"UPDATE data_template_rrd SET rrd_maximum='100000000' WHERE id='

Can anyone give any pointers on what I might be able to do to remedy this.

many thanks!
gandalf
Developer

Re: New 64 bit counter graphs do not draw and throw SQL erro

Post by gandalf »

The "id" of the graph template is missing. This should not happen. So either something is broken within your db or we have a bug. Which version of cacti is used?
R.
w60

Post by w60 »

Sorry for not including prior - my version of cacti is Version 0.8.7i. I can add 32 bit counters without issue for hosts just the 64 bit fail. Existing 64 bit counters are polling without issue

Thanks

Watcher
w60

Post by w60 »

Just to add I found it was just the 64bit with 95th percentile that cause the error. the straight bandwidth 64 bit counters work.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

But this is a custom template, then. We do not (yet) provide such a template by default
R.