Edit Data Templates - Duplicate form tag

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

otherguy

Edit Data Templates - Duplicate form tag

Post by otherguy »

I've been struggling for a couple days to figure out why I am unable to save changes to Data Templates - now I think I see the problem. In data_templates.php, it looks like there is an extra opening <form> tag when editing a data template. The first one is under the Data Templates heading, and the second one is under the Data Source heading.

I think this is screwing up the form submission in IE9, and the hidden fields aren't being included because they're before the second <form> tag. This is causing the save_component_template field not to be posted back, which skips over the entire form_save function and returns a blank page.

I'm running Cacti v0.8.7g. I have PIA 2.9 and a small handful of plugins installed. I haven't tested to see if other browsers are affected, since I'm using Kerberos authentication and I can't get it to work with anything other than IE.

Has anyone else seen this?
gandalf
Developer

Re: Edit Data Templates - Duplicate form tag

Post by gandalf »

Raw html of the failing lines would help
R.
otherguy

Post by otherguy »

Already fixed it locally. Somewhere in the page one of the draw_edit_form() calls was missing the "no_form_tag" => "1" config parameter. May have been more than one page/place, I don't really remember exactly at this point. I'll see if I can track down exactly where it was.
otherguy

Post by otherguy »

Here's what I did to fix this:

data_templates.php line 461 was originally:

Code: Select all

"config" => array(
Changed to:

Code: Select all

"config" => array("no_form_tag" => "1"
graph_templates.php line 393 had the same problem. I applied the same fix as above and both pages work fine now.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Both are correct fixes and since some time part of SVN. cigamit fixed them already. They will be published along with 087h
R.