Down devices being reported up.

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

petarggh

Down devices being reported up.

Post by petarggh »

Hi,

On my cacti installs (debian), devices behind a routers aren't being reported down correctly (mostly axis cameras).

I've got this problem (on the same devices) on both 8.7b (main system) and on 8.7g (test system).
I'm running default cmd.php for polling.
The devices are snmp enabled and being graphed, and when up all data is graphed correctly.

When a device goes down, however, cacti still reports it as up.
I'm using just snmp for downed device detection.

If it's any help, all devices at each location are reported as having IDENTICAL pings when listed under "devices", and they're all setup with the same ip/domain name (just on different ports).

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can approach this problem? could it be port forwarding? my poller?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what I mean by same pings....

EDIT: I installed SPINE and it seems to be detecting properly now (on my .8.7.g test system..) but haven't compiled on the production system yet. I'd still really like to see if anyone has a solution to the cmd.php poller, as I'd really prefer not to have to do much to the production system.
petarggh

Re: Down devices being reported up.

Post by petarggh »

I'm just posting a follow-up in case of searching etc.

Now all my devices are getting proper pings, and getting recognized as down when they are indeed down. I am wondering if there is a bug in the cmd.php poller-- or something similar. The only change I did to my system(s) was installing and using spine.