DLink DIR-825 and dd-wrt

Support questions about the MAC Track plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

siafu_kali

DLink DIR-825 and dd-wrt

Post by siafu_kali »

I have a DLink DR-825 with DD-WRT on it that I am monitoring with Cacti. I just got mactrack running and created the following custom device for it:

Code: Select all

Description: DD-WRT
Vendor: DD-WRT
Device Type: Switch/Router
System Description Match: Linux
Vendor snmp Object ID Match: .1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.3.2.10
MAC Address Scanning Function: get_linux_switch_ports
IP Address Scanning Function: get_standard_arp_table
Serial Number Base OID:
Serial Number Collection Method: SNMP Get
Low User Port Number: 0
High User Port Number: 0
php mactrack_scanner.php -id=1 -d

DEBUG: HOST: 192.168.1.1 is alive, processing has begun.
DEBUG: Scanning function is 'get_linux_switch_ports'
DEBUG: ifIndexes data collection complete
DEBUG: ifTypes data collection complete.
DEBUG: ifNames data collection complete.
DEBUG: ipAddrTable scanning for link ports data collection complete.
DEBUG: ifInterfaces assembly complete.
INFO: HOST: 192.168.1.1, TYPE: Linux lw-firewall 2.6.24.111 #3404 Sat A, TOTAL INTERFACES: 9, OPER INTERFACES: 7
DEBUG: Port number information collected.
DEBUG: No user ports on this network.
DEBUG: Scanning function is 'get_standard_arp_table'
DEBUG: atifIndexes data collection complete
DEBUG: atPhysAddress data collection complete
DEBUG: atNetAddress data collection complete
DEBUG: atPhysAddress MAC Address Conversion Completed
DEBUG: atEntries assembly complete.
DEBUG: HOST: 192.168.1.1, IP address information collection complete
Mactrack IP Addresses show:

WRT1	192.168.1.1	192.168.1.10	00:18:xx:xx:xx:xx	Cameo Communications, Inc.	0
WRT1	192.168.1.1	192.168.1.124	00:1F:xx:xx:xx:xx	Apple, Inc.	0
WRT1	192.168.1.1	192.168.2.1	00:12:xx:xx:xx:xx	Cisco-linksys, Llc	0
WRT1	192.168.1.1	192.168.1.129	00:12:xx:xx:xx:xx	Intel Corporate	0
However nothing shows up under IP Ranges, MAC Addresses, or Interfaces, Mac Watch, or Mac Authoriziations. It seems like I'm so close! The connected host IPs and Macs are discovered and show up in IP Ranges, but I'm not getting the full functionality of tracking MAC addresses. Is there something I'm doing wrong or could tweak?
siafu_kali

Post by siafu_kali »

And Sites reports:

1 Device
3 Total IPs
9 User Ports
7 User Ports Up
0 MACs Found
0 Device Errors
How do I get the 3 MACs associated with the 3 found IPs to show up in the MACs Found list?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Likely either a timeout, or the bridgePort information is not being returned. You have to dig a little deeper.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
siafu_kali

Post by siafu_kali »

TheWitness wrote:Likely either a timeout, or the bridgePort information is not being returned. You have to dig a little deeper.

TheWitness
I'd be happy to. Would you point me in the direction of where to dig? This is my first experience with mactrack and I'm not sure how it all ties together.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Walk the whole tree and post the findings

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
siafu_kali

Post by siafu_kali »

Here you go. I wasn't sure exactly which branch to walk, so here is the whole tree.
Attachments
snmpwalk.txt
SNMP walk for DLink DIR-825 running DD-WRT v24preSP2 svn14896
(34.32 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

As I suspected, the device is missing a key component of the snmp spec that allows mapping of an IP Address to a physical port.

TheWitness

siafu_kali

Post by siafu_kali »

Is it possible to still use mactrack without this piece? I actually don't care about which interface the IP or MAC is associated with, I just care which device it is associated with. For example, mactrack shows me which IPs and MACs are found on the device under the IP Addresses tab, so they are found. However I don't seem to have the ability to "interact" with the information (e.g. nothing shows up under Mac Watch or Mac Authorizations).

Also, is there anyway that I could assign a default port (or force a default port) if one can't be found? For example, all of my clients are wireless clients, so they're coming from the same wireless interface anyway.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

1) Pretty sure MacTrack will work just fine.
2) What is your motivation behind 'default' port?

TheWitness

siafu_kali

Post by siafu_kali »

TheWitness wrote:1) Pretty sure MacTrack will work just fine.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that it currently isn't working just fine. Information only shows up in the IP Addresses section of Mactrack, but nothing registers under the other sections (IP Ranges, Mac Addresses, Interfaces, Mac Watch, or Mac Authorizations). All of these areas display a variation of "No details found". (e.g. No MacTrack Watched Macs, No authorizations found, No Mactrack ports found, No scanner devices found)
TheWitness wrote:2) What is your motivation behind 'default' port?
My motivation behind a 'default' port is to provide what I'm assuming is the missing information to allow the detected information under the IP Addresses tab (IPs and associated MAC addresses per device) to be made available to the other Mactrack Tabs.