All Data coming back as -1.#J

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

All Data coming back as -1.#J

Post by Guest »

I'm having some problems and I'm not sure whats wrong. I'm new to cacti and this is my first attempt at getting it to run correctly.

Running on Windows 2000 Server SP4.
Cacti 0.8.5a
MySQL 3.23.58
Php 4.3.6
RRDTool 1.0.40

I'm trying to pull interfact stats from one of our HP Procurve switches. I got the device setup and it looks like it found all the interfaces correctly. I got graphs made for them but all the data is being shown as having a -1.#J value as current/average/max on the graphs with no line.

Any idea whats going on?
parid

Post by parid »

Woops, that was me posting. Looks like I wasn't logged in.
dperkerson

Post by dperkerson »

Did you ever get an answer on this or did you figure it out? I'm having the same issue.
dperkerson

Post by dperkerson »

Did you ever get an answer on this or did you figure it out? I'm having the same issue.
dperkerson

Post by dperkerson »

Guess I should have been patient cause they all just went away! :roll:
fata51

Post by fata51 »

I have the same problem...
Figures from inteface requests are displaying like -1.#J and others requests (processes, logged users) displaying like -1
The graphes are displaying but empty!!
No error messages are generated
What's problem??

Anyone can help me???

Please

Up, Up!!!
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

1) I would check with a SNMP tool to make sure you've got the right OID, community, etc. Something like GetIF or snmpwalk.
2) Once you know you've got it set up properly, dump the existing poll data out of the rrd file and look at it. rrdtool dump somefile.rrd > somefile.xml.
3) Look at the information between the <DS> area. Make sure its the proper TYPE and the MAX isn't too small. If cacti is properly polling the device, there should be data in LAST_DS and VALUE.
skaminski

Post by skaminski »

I had this same problem but eventually got it working.

The first thing I did was download and install ucd-snmp-4.2.3-win32.zip

After that's installed, point Cacti to use those tools (SNMPGET, and SNMPWALK) at the location that you installed them in. Click on Cacti Settings/Path

If the Graph doesn't change to a valid number soon after that, try to run snmpget from a command prompt to verify that your oid is correct. You may not be getting any valid data being returned.

I also notice that the graphs will sometimes display the -1.#J until the polling cycle has ran a couple of times.

Good Luck
fata51

Post by fata51 »

I don't understand...

When I'm asking the OID using snmpget, I have a good value (the same that the one I'm seeing in getif!!) bur my graph is still displaying -1.#J

Why??
Other idea?

Thank u
wintland

Same exact issue

Post by wintland »

I am having the same problem as listed above.

I have tried all suggestions on this and 100 other threads to no avail.

If I put it in debug mode it says "ok" which I assume means its getting back some sort of data.

I am about to hang myself and/or go back to MRTG, anybody have any other suggestions?

Any help would be incredibly appreciated.

-Brian
Lux
Cacti User

Post by Lux »

Brian, have you let the system run for a couple of polling intervals? You will not get a proper graph until after there are a few intervals within the RRDs.

If so, check your graphs under graph management. Check to make sure that your graphs have valid datasources associated with them.

Also, using a command line, check the timestamps on your RRD files. The timestamp should not be any older that your polling interval (5 minutes by default).

If this isn't any help, then let us know and we'll see what we can do to help out.

Mike
bdc

same problem

Post by bdc »

I am getting images for my graphs and the rrd files are updating every 5 mins but they are not getting any data. I did a dump command to a XML file and there were no values being populated. Just a bunch of NAN's. I have cacti pointed to snmp walk. The snmp walk command works fine on its own. But How do I trouble shoot not getting any data?