How to export gprint data to csv

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

toffuit

How to export gprint data to csv

Post by toffuit »

Hi

I am new to cacti, been playing with cacti for couple of weeks. My objective is to gather page printed in B&W, Colour, Twin colour, and the Total of all printed. I am up to the point where I can put the total pages printed in a graph, with GPRINT of the rest of the data.

Export to CSV only export data on the graph. Is there a way to export the number showing on GPRINT?

Edit: I think I posted in the wrong place. Sorry.
gandalf
Developer

Re: How to export gprint data to csv

Post by gandalf »

toffuit wrote:Hi

I am new to cacti, been playing with cacti for couple of weeks. My objective is to gather page printed in B&W, Colour, Twin colour, and the Total of all printed. I am up to the point where I can put the total pages printed in a graph, with GPRINT of the rest of the data.

Export to CSV only export data on the graph. Is there a way to export the number showing on GPRINT?
This is not available yet. You may explain what you want to do to find a workaround.
Edit: I think I posted in the wrong place. Sorry.
No, why do you think so?
Reinhard
toffuit

Re: How to export gprint data to csv

Post by toffuit »

I original posted in HOW-TO thread. It has now been moved to Help:General.

See the pic. I want to be able to export the page printed in a spreadsheet in this format:

|Host_decription| |total| |black| |colour| |twin|
Attachments
printer.jpg
printer.jpg (79.47 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
toffuit

Using Reportit

Post by toffuit »

Ok, I managed to grab those data through reportit. Though, it's in 4 seperate report. One measurand in one report. I need to read all the documentation and start from scratch. Doing all the data templates and query properly. :-?

Is it possible to do show no. of page printed in one day in a graph? or reportit?
gandalf
Developer

Re: Using Reportit

Post by gandalf »

toffuit wrote:Is it possible to do show no. of page printed in one day in a graph? or reportit?
You mean to build a total? Yes, please see http://docs.cacti.net/manual:087:6_refe ... #variables "Bandwidth Summation". It always totals the data viewed currently in your graph. So if your graph spans a whole day, the total will be related to that day.
Reinhard