cant create graph for existing data source

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

mpb

cant create graph for existing data source

Post by mpb »

Hi,

I deleted some graphs but left the data sources intact. now im trying to create those graphs again, but on the create graphs screen, the graphs i want to create are grayed out - like they still exist.

dont know if anyone can help me - since i dont want to delete the data sources which contain qute some data which i would noty like to lose.

thanks

Mark
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

The data source still exists, so cacti thinks the graph does too and thus you cannot re-create it from the create graphs screen. Note the path/rrd file in the data source, then delete it. Then use the create graphs screen to create it. Go back to the NEW data source and have it use the old path/rrd file.

OR

Add the new graph template to the device and manually select the correct sources, which uses that data template.
mpb

Post by mpb »

thanks, so whenever i delete the data source, does the rrd file remain there ? hmmm so ive got some cleaning up to do as i always thought the rrd file would get deleted when deleting the data source.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

mpb wrote:thanks, so whenever i delete the data source, does the rrd file remain there ?
Yes.

rrdclean plugin can help to delete the old/used ones.
estrela

Post by estrela »

BSOD2600 wrote:The data source still exists, so cacti thinks the graph does too and thus you cannot re-create it from the create graphs screen. Note the path/rrd file in the data source, then delete it. Then use the create graphs screen to create it. Go back to the NEW data source and have it use the old path/rrd file.

OR

Add the new graph template to the device and manually select the correct sources, which uses that data template.
Hiiiiii, well ive the same problem..but ive a big issue... where do i get the file to delete the path/rrd file?????? im not good in lunix, but ill b able to delete it if u tell me where to find it... i didnt install it thou, just mantaining from the browser.. i can log to the router, but cnt find the file... :(.. plz help
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Again, install the RRDCLEAN plugin. It will do what you want and is purely browser based
Reinhard
scrupul0us

Re: cant create graph for existing data source

Post by scrupul0us »

Apologies for dredging up an old post, but, in the 5 years since this thread was last updated, is there a way to do this en mass?

For instance, if I view the datasources for a device, is there a mass action I can perform to recreate the graphs or are we still stuck doing these one by one?

Thank you.