Reinstallation of cacti with old data

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

rbl

Reinstallation of cacti with old data

Post by rbl »

Hi,

I want to setup cacti again from scratch. Reason is a lot of problems with plugins and a lot op nan in the stats.
Some data graphs I want to keep. The do work.
How can I do this.
Export the old data and import it into the new cacti.

RBL
khufure
Cacti User

Re: Reinstallation of cacti with old data

Post by khufure »

rbl wrote:Hi,

I want to setup cacti again from scratch. Reason is a lot of problems with plugins and a lot op nan in the stats.
Some data graphs I want to keep. The do work.
How can I do this.
Export the old data and import it into the new cacti.

RBL
It is not easy as the data is in RRD not MySQL. I would suggest you create an entirely new install and keep the old install available via another URL. The alternative requires deep knowledge of RRD.

However, there is a bunch of information available on this forum for how to transfer data. If you do want to look at that route, follow the keywords you would think about for "transfer" and "new install", but also look at "poller interval change" kind of keywords.
rbl

Post by rbl »

Hi,

I will look add rdd export. I have done this before but it is about 3 years ago. Yes I will create a new install in mysql. The problem is that I have new interfaces (new pc) installed and I want to keep the old data avalible Also UPS stats witch I want to keep and other plugins.
I will look into it how to export the data en import it witch rdd tools.
Thanx so far.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Look into the HowTo's forum. There are lot's of examples on how to do this. It's not that difficult. There is also a Bloom Plugin that does this.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?