Cacti graph is not well formatted

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

fuehrer

Cacti graph is not well formatted

Post by fuehrer »

Hi,

I have installed cacti (cacti-0.8.6g)on my CentOS-4 system. Its working fine. thn i added a template to monitor win 2003 servers named "Informat disk statistics" from this link http://forums.cacti.net/about10707.html

But in the graph the information is not well organized or well formated that means Alignment problem. How can i fix that?

1more thing
------------------------------------------
from the above link it should be like this
Should be: Success [6items; 6 rows]

but im getting this:
Im getting: success [4 items; 4 rows]. Is it a problem?

Any kind of help is apriciated.

Thnx in advance

did@r
Attachments
cacti.JPG
cacti.JPG (37.68 KiB) Viewed 3384 times
correct.JPG
correct.JPG (25.69 KiB) Viewed 3384 times
wrong.JPG
wrong.JPG (18.14 KiB) Viewed 3384 times
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

You might want to change the font you are using. I had this self same issue, changed the font, and it looks much better. For the record, I am using a copy of arial.ttf
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.7
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
khufure
Cacti User

Post by khufure »

mcutting wrote:You might want to change the font you are using. I had this self same issue, changed the font, and it looks much better. For the record, I am using a copy of arial.ttf
Yes, any truetype font if rrdtool is < 1.3. You should for sure use rrdtool in the 1.2.x range though. Then put in the TrueTypeFont and plugin the values in cacti gui -> settings.

Also, why would you use 086, and g for a new install? 087d or b are quite a bit newer.
fuehrer

Post by fuehrer »

khufure wrote:
mcutting wrote:You might want to change the font you are using. I had this self same issue, changed the font, and it looks much better. For the record, I am using a copy of arial.ttf
Yes, any truetype font if rrdtool is < 1.3. You should for sure use rrdtool in the 1.2.x range though. Then put in the TrueTypeFont and plugin the values in cacti gui -> settings.

Also, why would you use 086, and g for a new install? 087d or b are quite a bit newer.
From where (file name or location) i can change the font or where to put the TrueType font?
Yes, RRD tool utility version is already set to 1.2.x
Actually I have installed it in july 2008...thts why the cacti version is G.

Thanks
--------
lipos

Post by lipos »

I got the same problem.
I uploaded new font, but it's not helping!
khufure
Cacti User

Post by khufure »

fuehrer wrote:From where (file name or location) i can change the font or where to put the TrueType font?
Yes, RRD tool utility version is already set to 1.2.x
Actually I have installed it in july 2008...thts why the cacti version is G.
GUI ->Settings (left frame near bottom) -> Visual

Look for FONT FILE lines and enter your true type font, e.g. /usr/share/rrdtool/fonts/DejaVuSansMono-Roman.ttf
fuehrer

Post by fuehrer »

khufure wrote: GUI ->Settings (left frame near bottom) -> Visual

Look for FONT FILE lines and enter your true type font, e.g. /usr/share/rrdtool/fonts/DejaVuSansMono-Roman.ttf
Tried but same result.....
khufure
Cacti User

Post by khufure »

fuehrer wrote:
khufure wrote: GUI ->Settings (left frame near bottom) -> Visual

Tried but same result.....
Maybe some incompatibility between cacti-0.8.6g and rrdtool. I think you should consider upgrading cacti. If you don't want 087d then I can tell you 087b is good.. we are still using it here for the most part.

The other option is downgrading rrdtool but 1.2.x introduces some nice performance improvements.. the other way is better.

Regards
jewel

Post by jewel »

rrdtool 1.3 need the "font family" in the --font parameter, e.g. "Courier New" instead of "/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType/CourierNew.ttf". But when I set "Courier New" in Visual tab of settings, Cacti writes "FILE NOT FOUND" and leave diagram creation command without implicit font family setting.

How the font can be set up?
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

jewel wrote:rrdtool 1.3 need the "font family" in the --font parameter, e.g. "Courier New" instead of "/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType/CourierNew.ttf". But when I set "Courier New" in Visual tab of settings, Cacti writes "FILE NOT FOUND" and leave diagram creation command without implicit font family setting.

How the font can be set up?
Tobi Oetiker lately fixed a bug that now again allows for providing the whole font's filename as usual (and as requested by cacti).
Reinhard