[SOLVED] Graphs exist but cannot be viewed in tree view mode

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

FrA

[SOLVED] Graphs exist but cannot be viewed in tree view mode

Post by FrA »

Hi,
I've got this problem:
I made some graphs; they exist and I can see them in list view and preview mode, but in tree mode I cannot. It's not a permission issues from cacti manage pannel.
Anyone can help me?
Thanks a lot.

I use cacti 0.8.7d under Windows.
Last edited by FrA on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
FrA

Post by FrA »

The problem is in dual pane tree view mode.
In singol pane I can see all hosts.
acasto

Post by acasto »

This may be a stupid question, but you did add the devices to the tree didn't you?

Adam
FrA

Post by FrA »

Thank you for the answer Adam.
Yes, I add the devices to the tree: infact in single pane mode I see the tree with all his hosts.
But in dual pane mode I can't see neither the trees on the left or the graphs in the right.
acasto

Post by acasto »

Is it a specific browser it does this on?

Have you looked at this thread?

Adam
FrA

Post by FrA »

Yes, it seems to be the same problem.
I've tried from 3 browser (Firefox 3, IE6, IE7) and from 2 pc, cleaning the cache: at the first time I see some graphs in the right part, nothing in the left.
When refreshing page, all the browers return error:

Code: Select all

Error: gFld is not defined
Source File: http://.../graph_view.php?action=tree&tree_id=1&leaf_id=29&page=2
Row: 73

Error: initializeDocument is not defined
Row: 141

Error: findObj is not defined
Row: 147
FrA

Post by FrA »

Ok, solved.
Don't ask me why, but some files in /include were missed.
rhart211

Post by rhart211 »

I am having the same problem. Whenever I make a change, such as add/delete a graph to a tree, or add/delete a tree, dual pane is not updated. However, these same changes are reflected in single pan mode.

What file were missing from /include? Or what can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks.

My info:
Cacti Version - 0.8.7d
Plugin Architecture - 2.4
Poller Type - CMD.php
Server Info - Linux 2.6.24-24-generic
Web Server - Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.5 with Suhosin-Patch
PHP - 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.5
PHP Extensions - zip, xmlwriter, libxml, xml, wddx, tokenizer, sysvshm, sysvsem, sysvmsg, session, SimpleXML, sockets, soap, SPL, shmop, standard, Reflection, posix, mime_magic, mbstring, json, iconv, hash, gettext, ftp, filter, exif, dom, dba, date, ctype, calendar, bz2, bcmath, zlib, pcre, openssl, xmlreader, apache2handler, mcrypt, mysql, mysqli, PDO, pdo_mysql, snmp
MySQL - 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4
RRDTool - 1.2.19
SNMP - 5.4.1
Plugins
  • Host Info (hostinfo - v0.2)
    Realtime for Cacti (realtime - v0.32)
FrA

Post by FrA »

rhart211 wrote: What file were missing from /include? Or what can I do to fix this issue?
Files that were missing from /include were:

-> /include/treeview/ftiens4.js
-> /include/treeview/ua.js
rhart211

Post by rhart211 »

ok. well i have both of those files in the correct directory.
Thanks.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Cacti saves your tree in a session variable and returns it to you until it expires. That expiry is typically a polling interval or 5 minute. If you would like to refresh the tree immediately, you simply click on the Graphs hyperlink directly above the tree and it will update immediately.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
rhart211

Post by rhart211 »

Ok. I added another tree called "Test". Go back to graphs page. This new tree is not listed in dual pane view. I click on the graphs link about the tree, and still the same. The "Test" tree is not listed. However, if I switch to single pane view, the "Test" tree is listed in the tree pull down menu.

I think I am having the same problem listed in http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=28773

If I switch back to dual pane, and clear the cache in Firefox 3, the new tree "Test" will show up. This isn't just related to Firefox 3 though. I can have the same problem occur in IE6 and the same workaround will show the new tree. I don't know what to do. I have installed Cacti many times before, and have never had this problem with any other installation.

Thanks.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Post the page HTML source and a picture of the borken part. If it's sensitive, PM it to me.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
rhart211

Post by rhart211 »

OK. I will do this on Monday.
Thanks.
rhart211

Post by rhart211 »

ok. So I created the tree called "Test".
The first pic, cacti1.jpg, shows that it is not being displayed in dual pane mode. The second pic, cacti2.jpg, shows that the new tree shows up in single pane mode.

However, if I clear the cache in firefox, the tree will show up in dual pane mode.
Attachments
cacti1.JPG
cacti1.JPG (30.27 KiB) Viewed 5537 times
cacti2.JPG
cacti2.JPG (54.55 KiB) Viewed 5537 times