Thold 4.1 pretends to work...

Support questions about the Threshold plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

praxis!

Thold 4.1 pretends to work...

Post by praxis! »

I installed Thold 4.1 fresh onto 8.7d w/ PA 2.4 (and settings plugin installed), and the tab shows up and I can go through the motions of creating a threshold (even get the green "Record Created" message), but any threshold I create never actually comes into existence.

The only evidence that I can find towards something being wrong (aside from no tholds) are these messages in the body of the thold page (img attached):

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: ru_nswap in /var/www/html/plugins/thold/thold_functions.php on line 50
Notice: Undefined index: ru_nswap in /var/www/html/plugins/thold/thold_functions.php on line 60
Cacti log shows no errors... just >> SYSTEM THOLD STATS: Time:0.0029 Tholds:0 Hosts:0

If I try to create a threshold template from the console, everything I choose in the wizard results in "Error: A template with that data source already exists!"

Any ideas? I've tried reinstalling it once to no avail...my next idea was to wipe the thold tables from mysql, repeat a fresh install and import the thold.sql...

Thanks in advance,
praxis

** wouldnt let me attach a screenshot...max has been reached for all attachments in this forum apparently...
glowe

Post by glowe »

I also have this exact same problem. When adding a new threshold item everything seems normal, except the thold_data table is not updated. No errors or warnings are given, except the one praxis mentions when creating a threshold template.

When opening thold.php from a new window, the following errors are encountered (whether this is normal or not I don't know):

PHP Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\plugins\thold\thold.php on line 78 
PHP Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\plugins\thold\thold.php on line 78 
PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\plugins\thold\thold.php on line 133 
PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\plugins\thold\thold.php on line 165 
PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\plugins\thold\thold.php on line 325 
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: template_rrd in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\plugins\thold\thold.php on line 356 
I also have a problem when clicking the thold tab:

PHP Notice: Undefined index: action in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\include\top_graph_header.php on line 102
Any ideas?
doh!nut

Post by doh!nut »

Two questions/comments:
1) Are you sure that the thold tables (assuming you're referring to display in your browser rather than MySQL?) are really empty and not just filtered?

2) Have you tried running the upgrade.php script in thold/extras?
glowe

Post by glowe »

Hi doh!nut,

As shown by MySQL Admin, thold_data is totally empty, regardless of how many times the "Record Updated" appears when I try to add a new item.

Yes I have ran upgrade.php, with no issues, but no effect on my problem.
glowe

Solved!

Post by glowe »

Well I've found a solution, which I stumbled upon whilst also having similar trouble with the weathermaps plugin...

Disable strict mode in MySQL!

In Windows, MySQL installs by default with strict mode on. Apparently this is a problem for the plugins. So, to disable:

Run the following SQL query:

SET @@global.sql_mode= '';
or

Open your "my.ini" in your MySQL installation directory, find the following line:

# Set the SQL mode to strict
sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"
Replace with:

# Set the SQL mode to strict
sql-mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"
Restart MySQL after either method and problem is solved!