Moderators: Developers, Moderators

gpbuono

boost 2.4 don't upgrade some graph

Post by gpbuono »

Hi, I have a server FreeBSD7.1 with:

- Cacti 0.8.7b
- Plugin Architecture 2.1
- Boost 2.4

My cacti polling with spine 860 hosts and 36930 DataSource in about 300 seconds. When I enable boost some graph are not updated so I have to disable boost. In cacti.log i don't have particular errot log.

Do you have any idea ? I like to use boost. In attachment my boost configuration parameter and the boost status.
Sorry for my english...

Bye
Attachments
boost.jpg
boost.jpg (91.4 KiB) Viewed 4662 times
boost-status.jpg
boost-status.jpg (80.28 KiB) Viewed 4662 times
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Its likely a permissions issue. Pick one graph that is broken. Then let collection run for awhile and before a boost run force the boost run from the command prompt as root.

You will see you errors there. If no errors, then permissions. Please note, apache requires RWX to your rrdfiles unless you run the boost server.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
gpbuono

[solved] - boost 2.4 don't upgrade some graph

Post by gpbuono »

Thank you very mutch...I did not think permission issue ... :) .. now boost work very good and I have improved my performance...

Cacti is really a great software ... congratulations !!! :D
gpbuono

Post by gpbuono »

I have another problem, last the upgrade to:

- Cacti 0.8.7d
- Plugin Architecture 2.4
- Boost 2.4
- Spine 0.8.7c

When I enable boost plugin some graphs It appears as if the data is collected properly by the script but then sometimes the rrd isn't updated. I have only for some value NaN, but if i run manually the script (perl,bash) its return all the value. I don't have any error log and if disable boost it works. The permission are the same of all rrd.

Please, help me
Attachments
cacti.jpg
cacti.jpg (52.51 KiB) Viewed 4547 times
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Run boost by hand and capture error messages.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
gpbuono

Post by gpbuono »

Hi I have run boost manually "php poller_boost.php -f >boost.log " and in file boost.log i have same error like this:

ERROR: illegal attempt to update using time 1236761721 when last update time is 1236764119 (minimum one second step)
ERROR: illegal attempt to update using time 1236761721 when last update time is 1236764119 (minimum one second step)

Any idea ? thank you very much...

Bye...
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

You are sure this is 2,4? That message should not be occurring in this release.

TheWitness

What version of rrdtool? What platform?

Also, that error would not prevent rrdfile creation.

gpbuono

Post by gpbuono »

Hi, thank you for your support...

An other strange issue, when i disable boost and configure spine with Maximum Concurrent Poller Processes 10 and Maximum Threads per Process 50 in the log file of cacti I receive errors like this:

03/11/2009 06:07:36 PM - SPINE: Poller[0] ERROR: SS[6] PHP Script Server communications lost. Restarting PHP Script Server
03/11/2009 06:07:36 PM - SPINE: Poller[0] ERROR: SS[6] PHP Script Server communications lost. Restarting PHP Script Server
03/11/2009 06:07:36 PM - SPINE: Poller[0] ERROR: SS[7] PHP Script Server communications lost. Restarting PHP Script Server
03/11/2009 06:07:37 PM - SPINE: Poller[0] ERROR: SS[7] PHP Script Server communications lost. Restarting PHP Script Server
03/11/2009 06:07:37 PM - SPINE: Poller[0] ERROR: SS[7] PHP Script Server communications lost. Restarting PHP Script Server

and some warning like this
03/11/2009 06:05:03 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] WARNING: Poller Output Table not Empty. Issues Found: 9919, Data Sources: load_1min(DS[107]), load_15min(DS[108]), load_5min(DS[109]), mem_buffers(DS[110]), mem_cache(DS[111]), mem_free(DS[112]), proc(DS[114]), proc(DS[182]), cpu(DS[183]), cpu(DS[184]), proc(DS[223]), cpu(DS[224]), cpu(DS[225]), proc(DS[227]), cpu(DS[228]), cpu(DS[229]), load_1min(DS[247]), load_15min(DS[248]), load_5min(DS[249]), mem_buffers(DS[250]), mem_cache(DS[251]), Additional Issues Remain. Only showing first 20
03/11/2009 06:05:04 PM - SPINE: Poller[0] ERROR: SS[0] PHP Script Server communications lost. Restarting PHP Script Server

I must set for spine one process and 10 thread...or downgrade spine to 0.8.7c-beta1

For boost i have download this version wget http://cactiusers.org/downloads/boost.tar.gz infact in plugin managment i see boost version 2.4.

I have FreeBSD an for improve my performance I have create a ram disk for MySQL.

My server is a IBM x3650 and rrdtool version is 1.2.26

best regards
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

That's way too high. Yoy are likely running out of mysql connections.

TheWitness

gpbuono

Post by gpbuono »

Now I have set spine0.8.7c with one process and 10 thread when I enable boost plugin some graphs It appears as if the data is collected properly by the script but then sometimes the rrd isn't updated. I have only for some value NaN, but if i run manually the script (perl,bash) its return all the value.
If I increase the error in cacti.log my script catch the correct data

03/13/2009 01:00:11 PM - SPINE: Poller[0] Host[1066] DS[40820] SCRIPT: /usr/local/share/cacti/scripts/script.sh host1, output: httplisteneraccessi:296229 httplistenererrori:9383 authoxmlaccessi:301883 authoxmlerrori:61904 authenticationaccessi:1424285 authenticationerrori:1655

how I can throubleshotting my porblem ? :(
best regards
gpbuono

Post by gpbuono »

sorry ..another info.. I have see that the value with gaps are the last two ...authenticationaccessi:1424285 authenticationerrori:1655

thanky yuio
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Run poller_boost.php and look for errors. Keep in mind that max values in RRDTool can be dropped.

L0gRuS
Cacti User

Post by L0gRuS »

i have problem too. Today upgrade from 2.2 to 2.4 and problem repeat.
I install boost, then activate it, run cache image and boost server. check syslog and phppoller - no error, but some graph not update.
If i create graph when boost server is running many time need for create rrd.

my poller settings
Attachments
boostsettings.JPG
boostsettings.JPG (197.54 KiB) Viewed 4307 times
Cacti v.087g + PAv2.9
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Are you using structured path? Are you using boost server?

TheWitness

L0gRuS
Cacti User

Post by L0gRuS »

no, i'm not used structured patch but i use boost server
Cacti v.087g + PAv2.9