How to get infor of all interfaces and state of a switch?

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

apereira

How to get infor of all interfaces and state of a switch?

Post by apereira »

Is there any way to get a information of all interface and state (up/down) and description of a switch?

My idea is a plugin to add devices to be monitored and easy to check, like graphs and weather map... Any plugin can make that?

Thanks.
Anderson Pereira.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

MACTRACK does at least parts of it
Reinhard
apereira

Post by apereira »

I'm trying to use MACTRACK, but I dint made this, there show just physical address of connected ports, but if the ports arent connected (status DOWN) nothing is displayed about this port...

Do you know CiscoWorks? There are a tool that can make this, I wanna something like this... Its possible?
gandalf
Developer

Re: How to get infor of all interfaces and state of a switch

Post by gandalf »

apereira wrote:Is there any way to get a information of all interface and state (up/down) and description of a switch?
First, the info is really there. The standard Traffic Data Query shows those status info. But it does not update on each polling interval.
My idea is a plugin to add devices to be monitored and easy to check, like graphs and weather map... Any plugin can make that?
Do you want to add "new" infterfaces just after they got "up"? This can be done using the existing cli scripts
Reinhard