Error: Passwords do not match, please retype.

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

rojmab

Error: Passwords do not match, please retype.

Post by rojmab »

I get this error whenever I try to add a new device. I have v. 0.8.7b installed in /var/www/cacti and all the files are set to "www-data" as the owner and the group name. OS is Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon.

I'm new to Cacti. I installed it via apt-get (sudo apt-get install cacti) and it installed v. 0.8.6j. I didnt have any issues with this version at all. I ran it for 3-4 days and played around discovering the joys of Cacti. I uninstalled it today via package-manager in GUI, delete the DB from mySQL and started over from scratch to install the latest version.
I followed these intstructions:
http://www.cacti.net/downloads/docs/htm ... _unix.html

All that I didn't do was create cactiuser. I just assigned everything to www-data. This is just a test box that only I have access to.

I enter in all my data for the new device, I use SNMP v2. Is it complaining about SNMP v3 username / pw? I thought this might be the case, so I went into settings and reset the "Default" SNMP v3 passwords to be the same, but I still get the problem. Do I need to post any debugs? If so, please supply instructions for obtaining them (I'm new :P) Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
rojmab

Post by rojmab »

Ok, I'm dumb. I fat-fingered the default password. Issue resolved. Thanks.