Newbie Here - Please be Gentle

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

wsasser

Newbie Here - Please be Gentle

Post by wsasser »

I've come from the MRTG and Solarwinds era and am happily embracing the Cacti as I've seen it's power. Here's the Setup.

Installed and configured on Unbuntu..up and running.
Picks up all monitors on the UnBuntu but when I poll for the SNMP on other Windows 2000 and XP boxes, only a few readings come through. I'm in a very mixed environment between Older HP servers, Compaq Proliants, and some newer Dell's.

Would someone please point me in the right direction to:
- Stabilize the templates (CPU works on on one, Memory Utilization works on 2, and traffic works on 4, but there are only 8 servers)
- Give me a step-by-step procedure from start to finish to develop my own (a link will be fine her...this site needs a search)

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
streaker69
Cacti Pro User

Re: Newbie Here - Please be Gentle

Post by streaker69 »

wsasser wrote: - Give me a step-by-step procedure from start to finish to develop my own (a link will be fine her...this site needs a search)

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
http://docs.cacti.net/node/494

http://forums.cacti.net/search.php
[b]Cacti Version[/b] - 0.8.7d
[b]Plugin Architecture[/b] - 2.4
[b]Poller Type[/b] - Cactid v
[b]Server Info[/b] - Linux 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5
[b]Web Server[/b] - Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
[b]PHP[/b] - 5.2.9
[b]MySQL[/b] - 5.0.45-log
[b]RRDTool[/b] - 1.3.0
[b]SNMP[/b] - 5.3.2.2
[b]Plugins[/b]PHP Network Managing v0.6.1, Global Plugin Settings v0.6,thold v0.4.1,XMLPort v0.3.5,CactiCam v0.1.5,NetTools v0.1.5,pollperf v0.32,RRD Cleaner v1.1,sqlqueries v0.2,superlinks v0.8,syslog v0.5.2,update v0.4,discovery v0.9,zond v0.34a,hostinfo v0.2,Bloom v0.6.5,mactrack v1.1,weathermap v0.96a,mobile v0.1