Threshold = |query_ifSpeed| x 0.8 (percentage)

Support questions about the Threshold plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Maestro_Ba

Threshold = |query_ifSpeed| x 0.8 (percentage)

Post by Maestro_Ba »

Hello. I currently have
Cacti 0.8.7b
Plugin Architecture 2.1
THold 0.3.9

I need to monitor Traffic in the interfaces of several (more than 400) devices.
I also would like, if possible, to have THold alert me whenever some interface is reaching 80% of its capability. But I don't want to set all the upper thresholds mannually, I want it to be automatic, because they are many.

When I'm setting Graphs Titles, it's possible to use certain variables, such as:
|host_description|
|query_ifName|
|query_ifAlias|
|query_ifSpeed|

Isn't it possible to use something like ( |query_ifSpeed| x 0.8 ) to configure High Thresholds?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestion.
Thanks!
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

I'm by no means a THOLD expert. See the THOLD specific forum.

But I had this exact question in my mind when I created support for COMPUTE data sources. This is available from unstable main SVN since a few minutes. Do NOT use main SVN in production; it's simply a promise just now.

Reinhard
Maestro_Ba

Post by Maestro_Ba »

Thanks for the quick reply gandalf.

As I suspected, it doesn't seems to be a way to do what I want. But I'm happy to see that this issue is being thought. These "COMPUTE Data Sources" will be definitely handy tools!

I'm scared of trying SVN in my server, since it's in HEAVY production, but I'll be looking forward for a new CACTI update that includes this feature.

Thanks, and congratulations for the excellent work you're all doing over all these years! :wink: