Total maxiumum values do not add up

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

seanm

Total maxiumum values do not add up

Post by seanm »

Hi all,

I have added new graphs to display aggregate values - all works ok apart from the maximum values which do not add up correctly.

any ideas?

thanks

Seanm
Attachments
image003.png
image003.png (21.18 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
image001.png
image001.png (115.61 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
gandalf
Developer

Re: Total maxiumum values do not add up

Post by gandalf »

seanm wrote:Hi all,

I have added new graphs to display aggregate values - all works ok apart from the maximum values which do not add up correctly.
Why do you think so? The MAX values for both data sources did not occur at the exact timestamp. So the total max is NOT the sum of both data source's max
Reinhard
seanm

Post by seanm »

but i do not understand? if you add both the current values together you get the correct value. Like wise with the average value, so why wouldnt the maximum be a sum of both maximum values?

Seanm
buck

Post by buck »

Thats just the way it works. It is adding correctly and giving you the total, your MAX value is then going to be the highest number of THAT total. That is the info that most people would want, as gandalf stated: the addition of the two MAX values is a number that doesn't really mean anything.

If you really want that number use a cdef: d,h,+,8,*

(d and h are your data sources for the two MAX numbers)
seanm

Post by seanm »

thanks for the information. I have removed the max value view which thinking about it as you say i dont need it.
cheers
Seanm