0.8.4 cactid problems

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Jeppe

0.8.4 cactid problems

Post by Jeppe »

Hi,

using Fedora Core 1. Cactid always wants to read /etc/snmp/snmp.conf as the cactid.conf file for some reason.

cactid version 0.8.4 starting.
Using cactid config file [cactid.conf].
Connecting to MySQL database 'cacti08' on 'localhost'...
Using cactid config file [/etc/snmp/snmp.conf].

The only way I could make it work was by deleting /etc/snmp/snmp.conf and that made it only read cactid.conf and do it's thing.

J
golemb

Re: 0.8.4 cactid problems

Post by golemb »

Jeppe wrote:
Cactid always wants to read /etc/snmp/snmp.conf as the cactid.conf file for some reason.

cactid version 0.8.4 starting.
Using cactid config file [cactid.conf].
Connecting to MySQL database 'cacti08' on 'localhost'...
Using cactid config file [/etc/snmp/snmp.conf].
I ran into that problem Sunday morning when working with the prerelease date 16Nov2003, after I started to configure snmpd using net-snmp 5.1. Thought it was something I had done. The only thing I can recall is I rebooted the system and then everything worked as it should. I will try this again today with the new production release and see what happens. I am using custom RedHat 9 build currently, downloading the first iso image of Fedora at work right now.
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

I have Fedora Core 1 installed on my desktop machine, and have yet to see this happen with cactid. I am having a problem where calling mysql_close() inside of a thread causes cactid to segfault under Fedora. I thought it might have been the new NPTL so I tried using a Redhat 9 kernel with no luck.

Regardless, I'd like to hear more about your Fedora experiences with cactid, especially if you get it working. In the mean time, I can take another look over the code that determines the config file path.

-Ian