Probleme when compiling cactid (cacti0.8.3a) ...

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

vazthmer

Probleme when compiling cactid (cacti0.8.3a) ...

Post by vazthmer »

First of all, i would like to thank for this very good software.

i have Linux Red Hat 7.3, mysql 3.23.56 (mysql-3.23.56-pc-linux-i686.tar.gz), php 4.3.1 (php-4.3.1.tar.gz), openssl (openssl-0.9.6b-32.7.i386.rpm), openssl-devel (openssl-devel-0.9.6b-32.7.i386.rpm), ucd-snmp (ucd-snmp-4.2.5-8.i386.rpm), ucd-snmp-devel (ucd-snmp-devel-4.2.5-8.73.1.i386.rpm), net-snmp (net-snmp-5.0.8.tar.gz).
Cacti was configured with 900 items, and the check (cmd.php) was running every 5 minutes. My problem was cmd.php is not running during 5 minutes, but 9 minutes (100 items by minutes).
So i decided to use cactid.
But it is impossible to compile it, i have different errors but no solution.

First, if i compile it without option (./configure) in order to let him to find the good location for mysql and ucd-snmp/net-snmp. I don't have any error during the compilation, but when i try to run it (php /usr/local/cactid/bin/cactid), i have this error:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '►' (ASCII=16) state=1 in /usr/local/ca
ctid/bin/cactid on line 414

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/local/cactid/bin/cactid on
line 414

So i try to compile it and indicate the different location for mysql and ucd-snmp/net-snmp but for both, il have also an error with libcrypto:

checking if MySQL requires libz... yes
checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient... yes
checking for mysql_thread_init in -lmysqlclient... no
checking if UCD-SNMP needs crypto support... yes
checking if Net-SNMP needs crypto support... no
checking for CRYPTO_free in -lcrypto... no
configure: error: libcrypto not found!
golemb

Solution: libcrypto not found

Post by golemb »

vazthmer

Create a symbolic link for the libcrypto.o file. I ran into the same type of problem running on RH9 when compiling cactid. You will have to look in the /libs directory and find the version of libcrypto that you are using.
My libcrypto file is libcrypto.so.9.7a yours might be the same, I don't have a RH7.3 box anymore and can't remember the version.

type this at the command terminal

replace xxxx with your version number of libcrypto file

ln -s /lib/libcrypto.so.xxxxx /lib/libcrytpo.so

now try to recomplie cactid
vazthmer

Post by vazthmer »

Tks a lot Golemb, but it doesn't work.

I woul like to know which program want to use this lib libcrytpo. I don't know if it's a problem with ucd-snmp, or net-snmp or mysql.

I'll try to uninstall/reinstall openssl (in rpm) and openssl-devel (in rpm also), but it doesn't work too.
golemb

Post by golemb »

vazthmer wrote:Tks a lot Golemb, but it doesn't work.

I woul like to know which program want to use this lib libcrytpo. I don't know if it's a problem with ucd-snmp, or net-snmp or mysql.

I'll try to uninstall/reinstall openssl (in rpm) and openssl-devel (in rpm also), but it doesn't work too.
It's a problem with net-snmp looking for an older version of libcrypto file and not finding it during the compile from source code. If your using rpm's to install modules then it a different story. I found from trial and error today, that if you create the symbolic link for the libcrypto.so file before you compile net-snmp from source code, then cactid will compile with out errors. If net-snmp is already complied and installed just create the symbolic link for libcrypto.so and recompile net-snmp, then try to complie cactid with:

configure --with-mysql=/<path to mysql> --with-snmp=/<path to net-snmp>
make
make install

If you are successful compiling cactid you might get an error from cactid when you run it about libnetsnmp.so.5 missing. In order to solve this problem create a symbolic link from the file libnetsnmp.so.5.x.x (x.x depends on the version of net-snmp you are using, for my system I am using v5.1 of net-snmp so the file I am looking for is libnetsnmp.so.5.1.0, version 5.0.9 is named libnetsnmp.so.5.0.9) This file is located in the directory where you installed net-snmp under the lib subfolder. The folder location will more than likely be different on your system depending on the configure --prefix you set or that was set in the rpm when it was built.