Cisco 3825 MGCP Voice Gateway - Monitor Channel Capacity

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

turlockaviator

Cisco 3825 MGCP Voice Gateway - Monitor Channel Capacity

Post by turlockaviator »

I've been searching near and far, through all the forums, and not had luck with any of the Device and/or Graph templates I've attempted to use.

We're still in Cacti 0.86j (haven't been willing to upgrade just yet for fear of breaking the plugin architecture and all the plugins we use).

So what I'm looking for is a Device template for a Cisco 3825 Router (currently used as our Cisco Call Manager Voice Gateway) and one or more graph templates that would allow me to graph the number of channels in use on our PRI's (currently at one, will be adding more in the future based on the data I can collect here).

I've seen in many forums something similar to what I am attempting to do, but for other models of hardware (i.e. AS5300) and other technologies (i.e. E1 vice T1\PRI). I've tried using the Generic Cisco Router template and graphing the T1 itself, and 23 of the Serial Channels associated with the T1\PRI. But I'm not getting any data. The only data I seem to be able to pull from the 3825 is CPU utilization.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been a Cacti user for about a year now, but unfortunately, I'm still weak in SNMP. I'm certainly my problem probably is related to what's available in the SNMP MIB for the Cisco 3825..

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Chris
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

For debugging a lack of data for existing templates, I suggest you read http://docs.cacti.net/node/283.

For learning to create a new script/template, then you should read the guides in the documentation site. There are several examples. Also many on the forum or ones which come with cacti that you can learn from.