[SOLVED] Mactrack not finding IP

Support questions about the MAC Track plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

srossen

[SOLVED] Mactrack not finding IP

Post by srossen »

I have an all Cisco environment and I have Mactrack setup and its finding 771 mac address on the correct ports but none of those are resolving to IP (and of course not to hostname either). I am getting the following error in my cacti.log:

03/10/2008 04:49:13 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Cell Failed!, Error:'2006', SQL:"SELECT COUNT(*) FROM mac_track_processes WHERE device_id <> '0'"
03/10/2008 04:49:13 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed!, Error:'2006', SQL:"SELECT last_rundate, COUNT(last_rundate) AS devices FROM mac_track_devices WHERE disabled = '' GROUP BY last_rundate ORDER BY last_rundate DESC;"
03/10/2008 04:49:13 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed!, Error:'2006', SQL:"SELECT * FROM mac_track_temp_ports WHERE ip_address != '' AND (dns_hostname = '' OR dns_hostname IS NULL)"

Any ideas on what I can do to fix it so it finds the IP? I can not find a good answer in searching the forum.
Last edited by srossen on Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
srossen

Post by srossen »

Ok, I figured it out. What I had done was not add the two core switches (6509's) which have no computer plugged into them, just other switches. I had all the other switches (3550/3750/etc) added but this was finding just the mac addresses. I added the core 6509's and now all the ip's are showing up. So it was just I had not added the switch were the arp tables where.
Arron

Post by Arron »

I'm having the same problem, but in my case I don't have "core switches", only 3560's.
apereira

Post by apereira »

I have this issue too, well... I have there a core switch, and anothers 3 switchs, all are getting status UP, with all mac, vlans and ports, but it doesnt show any IP, in my logs have no error....

I really dont understand what I have to configure, I think it was a DNS problem... but can it be discarted?

Any Idea?
briodan

Post by briodan »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone found a solution to this?
in my environment i run 3560 and 2960 and i get all the mac and vlans but not the IP's.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

2.9 on the docs site.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?