rrd filenames associated with a device

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

mpb

rrd filenames associated with a device

Post by mpb »

Hi,

I need to be able to make up a list of all the rrd filenames associated with a particular device/host which exists in cacti.

Ive browsed around the mysql database, and I guess the info is there somewhere, but I thought I'd ask if anyone can point me to the right tables, or some other way of obtaining this data.

thanks

Mark
jmadrid2

Post by jmadrid2 »

mysql -u cactiuser -pcactipass cacti -e 'select rrd_path from poller_item where hostname="x.x.x.x"'

Just replace the x.x.x.x with hostname of your device, be it an IP addy or dns name and you should be set. This will give you all the rrd's that are in the poller cache. Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but it should work. Also replace cactiuser and cactipass with your username and password for the cacti db.
mpb

Post by mpb »

thanks for the info.

i'll add a little more complexity to that:

whats the table to query to get the graph title or data source name corresponding to the rrd file.

And is the host id the primary key to use if multiple tables are required in the mysql query.

cheers

Mark