Settings Plugins corrupts graphs

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

acornu

settings plugin

Post by acornu »

Hi,

As stated in my previous post, everything's working fine (almost)..

The problem I face now is that I get a blank page as soon as I enable the settings plugin. All others are working fine except thold, since it depends on settings plugin.

any idea?
[b]Cacti Version[/b]: 0.8.7e - [b]Plugin Architecture[/b]: v2.6 - [b]Poller Type[/b]: spine - [b]Server Info[/b]: Linux (CentOS5) 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5 - [b]Web Server[/b]: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) - [b]PHP[/b]: 5.1.6 - [b]MySQL[/b]: 5.0.77 - [b]RRDTool[/b]: 1.3.7 - [b]SNMP[/b]: 5.3.2.2
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Split off and moved to this forum to attract more attention (that's you, Jimmy :wink: )
Reinhard
acornu

Thold plugin

Post by acornu »

Hi,

I found the problem. Seems like the order in which the plugins are listed in the config.php file matters. After putting the Settings plugin above the Thold plugin in the list, no more blank page.

Now I have to find how to make it work. :-/

I'm graphing a couple hundreds WAN links which makes a lot to modify. So far, the auto-create doesn't work, even though I have a template created.

What I'm trying to do is to get notified when errors are detected in the link OR when a link gets over utilize (or close to be), lets say over 70%.

I'll keep on working on it, but if anyone has a book "Thold for Dummy" let me know, I'd be interested in it. :)
[b]Cacti Version[/b]: 0.8.7e - [b]Plugin Architecture[/b]: v2.6 - [b]Poller Type[/b]: spine - [b]Server Info[/b]: Linux (CentOS5) 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5 - [b]Web Server[/b]: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) - [b]PHP[/b]: 5.1.6 - [b]MySQL[/b]: 5.0.77 - [b]RRDTool[/b]: 1.3.7 - [b]SNMP[/b]: 5.3.2.2
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

Auto-create still means you have to click the link (its on the Graph Creation page for that device), or you can do multiple at a time from the device page by clicking the drop down.