Different Column settings?

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

pheezy
Cacti User

Different Column settings?

Post by pheezy »

I was wondering how I can go about having different numbers of columns per leaf; ie, one leaf has the 3 columns of thumbnails, and another has 4 or so. This way we can see all similar data across hosts or so. It seems like the column settings are global though, unless I am missing something.

For insance:

Linux (leaf)
|__--> (All CPU, memory, and load graphs for whatever servers)
|_Server 1 (Normal single column view)
|_ Server 2 (Normal single column view) etc

If this isn't possible, is there some other way to do this? I notice that if you engage thumbnails on a host type in the graph tree, it will place dividers based on the graph template. Can these dividers be placed manually by host or graph type or some other way? Thanks.
pheezy
Cacti User

Post by pheezy »

Is there maybe a way to have the thumbnail settings apply only to Heading graph tree types?
pheezy
Cacti User

Post by pheezy »

Ok I think I found a better way to explain what I want:

If I go to preview mode and type "Memory Usage" I get all the memory usage graphs for Linux servers. Same thing for "Load Average." Now, under the Linux Servers leaf, I'd like to display both these graphs for all Linux servers, broken down by server (same way the host graph tree type breaks it down by graph type). That way, I can get a quick view of what is going on with all Linux servers instead of having to drill down by host. Then if I see a problem, I can look under all the host graph tree items listed underneath the Linux Servers leaf, and drill down further to even more graphs.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

AFAIK, this is not possible at time of writing. But its a nice idea.
Personally, I predefined some views as HEADERS in an own TREE. Via Graph Management, I will filter for those entries, e.g. MEMORY and mass-move them to those pre-defined headers
Reinhard
pheezy
Cacti User

Post by pheezy »

Thanks, I'll just go ahead and do that for now. Fingers crossed for this functionality in the next version!