Host MIB - Available Disk Space not graphing on 4 servers

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

malichidemonos
Cacti User

Host MIB - Available Disk Space not graphing on 4 servers

Post by malichidemonos »

Host MIB - Available Disk Space is not graphing on 4 servers. I'm running 0.8.6h with all the patches. The servers are windows xp and 2000. The cacti server is windows xp. I have a total of 10 servers and the others are graphing perfectly fine. The other 4 come back as nan for all their totals. Any ideas??? Thanks.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Do they index properly? If so, increase timeout. Windows snmp sucks when it comes to the Host MIB stuff, especially if the servers include floppies or they are under heavy load.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
malichidemonos
Cacti User

Post by malichidemonos »

Increasing the time out to 50 and that still didnt solve it. I did all the same things on all the servers and its only been the last 4 that have given me any problems.
CPF

Post by CPF »

Have you got the Logical disk counters enabled on the problem systems?

Go into a Command prompt on one of the problem machines and type:

C:\>diskperf

You should get back something like:

Both Logical and Physical Disk Performance counters on this system
are automatically enabled on demand.

If you've only got the Physical counters enabled, try typing:

C:\>diskperf -YD

This will need a re-boot to take effect.
malichidemonos
Cacti User

Post by malichidemonos »

I switch to cactid poller and that fixed all the problems i was experienceing with things not graphing properly and data not pulling properly. Thanks anyhow.
malichidemonos
Cacti User

NOT AGAIN!!!

Post by malichidemonos »

I just added two more servers to monitor their hard drive space and i'm getting totals of all 0.00. I gave it a day and restarted it. I'm currently using cactid and cacti 8.6i.

I turned on graph debuging and this is what i got.
c:/rrdtool/rrdtool.exe graph - \
--imgformat=PNG \
--start=-86400 \
--end=-300 \
--title="server-35 - Used Space - C: Label: Seri" \
--rigid \
--base=1024 \
--height=120 \
--width=500 \
--alt-autoscale-max \
--lower-limit=0 \
--vertical-label="bytes" \
--slope-mode \
DEF:a="c\:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cacti/rra/server35_hdd_total_287.rrd":hdd_total:AVERAGE \
DEF:b="c\:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cacti/rra/server35_hdd_total_287.rrd":hdd_used:AVERAGE \
AREA:a#002A97:"Total" \
GPRINT:a:LAST:"Current\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT:a:AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT:a:MAX:"Maximum\:%8.2lf %s\n" \
AREA:b#F51D30:"Used" \
GPRINT:b:LAST:" Current\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT:b:AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT:b:MAX:"Maximum\:%8.2lf %s\n"
RRDTool Says:

OK

Any ideas? and yes i increased the timeout on the device. I've also checked the error log and no errors are listed. Even in debug mode.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Read the FAQ in my signature -- you probably forgot to enable all the agents in the SNMP service.
malichidemonos
Cacti User

Post by malichidemonos »

The two agents have snmp running and have other graphs running that are polling correct information about processes that are running. Its only the disk space that is not polling right. The first time i tried this i was getting NAN for the totals but i deleted the graphs and re added them in. Now all i get is 0.00. --- correction--- i now get nan after a day of polling. I've tried following the direction on debuging the nan totals but i never seen an error in any of the logs for that device.

... sorry noob question... "read the faq in my signature" No idea how to do... I don't post on a lot of forums. Also when you are talking about enabling all the agents snmp service, snmp is on all the servers and configured... is there something else i'm missing
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

malichidemonos wrote:The two agents have snmp running and have other graphs running that are polling correct information about processes that are running.
You have TWO snmp agents installed? If so, thats not recommended at all since it can cause problems, which is possibly whats going on now.
Click on verbose query for Host MIB - Available Disk Space --does it return any valid data?
malichidemonos wrote: No idea how to do... I don't post on a lot of forums.
http://bsod2600.home.comcast.net/install_windows.html
malichidemonos
Cacti User

Post by malichidemonos »

I did a verbose querey on the "get mounted partitions" (there is not host MIB query in the list) and this is what i received back.

+ Running data query [8].
+ Found type = '6 '[script query].
+ Found data query XML file at 'c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cacti/resource/script_server/host_disk.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing script for list of indexes 'c:\php\php.exe -q c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\scripts\ss_host_disk.php TOCU-35 35 1:161:1000:public:::MD5::[None] index'
+ Executing script query 'c:\php\php.exe -q c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\scripts\ss_host_disk.php TOCU-35 35 1:161:1000:public:::MD5::[None] query index'
+ Found item [hrStorageIndex='1'] index: 1
+ Found item [hrStorageIndex='2'] index: 2
+ Found item [hrStorageIndex='3'] index: 3
+ Found item [hrStorageIndex='4'] index: 4
+ Executing script query 'c:\php\php.exe -q c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\scripts\ss_host_disk.php TOCU-35 35 1:161:1000:public:::MD5::[None] query description'
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='C: Label: Serial Number f88474a7'] index: 1
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='D:'] index: 2
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='Virtual Memory'] index: 3
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='Physical Memory'] index: 4
+ Executing script query 'c:\php\php.exe -q c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\scripts\ss_host_disk.php TOCU-35 35 1:161:1000:public:::MD5::[None] query sau'
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='4096 Bytes'] index: 1
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='0 Bytes'] index: 2
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='65536 Bytes'] index: 3
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='65536 Bytes'] index: 4
+ Found data query XML file at 'c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cacti/resource/script_server/host_disk.xml'

For data source debug mode i received this for host mib...

c:/rrdtool/rrdtool.exe create \
c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cacti/rra/tocu35_hdd_total_287.rrd \
--step 300 \
DS:hdd_used:GAUGE:600:0:500 \
DS:hdd_total:GAUGE:600:0:500 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:288:797 \
RRA:MIN:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:MIN:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:MIN:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:MIN:0.5:288:797 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:288:797 \
RRA:LAST:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:LAST:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:LAST:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:LAST:0.5:288:797 \

There is only one snmp service on each server.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Alright, so that means there is valid disk partition data via snmp; good.

When you followed that guide about debugging NaN's, did you run the rrdtool command to fetch the last entries from the rrd file? Is there data?

Do other graphs work fine or are they all blank?
malichidemonos
Cacti User

Post by malichidemonos »

There is not data for the rrd file... all totals = nan (see attached) I didnt run all the steps in the nan dubug due to my lack of knoledge with this.

other graphs for the servers work fine (including the two that this is happening with). Some system i do have to do a refresh on the data queue, but that is rather rare.
Attachments
error.doc
(4.47 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

You sure there are no errors in your cacti log file?

Turn the logging level to high or debug for a few cycles and look to see if cacti is returning any data for the server(s) in question regarding their partition space.
malichidemonos
Cacti User

Post by malichidemonos »

PM'd the debug log file with the subject of this thread. I did a queue refresh on the drive space and it appeared that it came back with totals. The graph is still not pulling the information.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Next time you post the log, don't do it from the web interface. Use the real log at /cacti/logs/cacti.log.

I didn't see anything in that log about cacti polling the disk space. Try deleting all data sources/graphs for the broken servers with disk space and re-create them from the 'create graphs for this host' screen.