Monitoring AIX on a Windows Cacti Install

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

sqtchman74

Monitoring AIX on a Windows Cacti Install

Post by sqtchman74 »

I have installed Cacti on a Windows 2003 Server. I am not getting any SNMP information back. I can go to the dos prompt and run snmpinfo and get information back. But when I run a verbose query I get no information returned.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

1) Did you properly configure the snmp agent on windows with a community and allow IPs?
2) In windows device in cacti, do you see basic snmp information in the top left corner, or snmp error? If the latter, thats why cacti isnt working for monitoring.
sqtchman74

Post by sqtchman74 »

I do see the basic machine information. The only time I get any snmp errors is when I try to obtain specific information from the AIX box.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

What template are you trying to use? Change the logging level to debug for one cycle and see what the error(s) are.
sqtchman74

Post by sqtchman74 »

rony's AIX template
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Go look at my template thread, the agent on AIX is probably in need of a restart.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]