SMS for Threshold plugin

Support questions about the Threshold plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

mrh
Cacti User

SMS for Threshold plugin

Post by mrh »

Hello!
I'd appreaciate very much if someone can explain me how to make Threshold plugin sends SMS under win32. Maybe thourgh gnokii? I've already achieved to get gnokii sending sms from a text file but I don't know how to make PHP write those files and execute the command line for gnokii.

Any ideas or future realeases of thold?

Many thanks in advance!!!
mrh | cacti 0.8.6h | plugin architecture | thold | monitor | iis6
CPF

Re: SMS for Threshold plugin

Post by CPF »

mrh wrote:Hello!
I'd appreaciate very much if someone can explain me how to make Threshold plugin sends SMS under win32. Maybe thourgh gnokii? I've already achieved to get gnokii sending sms from a text file but I don't know how to make PHP write those files and execute the command line for gnokii.

Any ideas or future realeases of thold?

Many thanks in advance!!!
Hi,

Not sure where you're based in the world, be we use an email to SMS company to achieve this:

http://www.intellisoftware.co.uk/sms-gateway/

The prices for the UK are pretty good, but it will really depend on where you're based.

CPF.
mrh
Cacti User

Post by mrh »

Many thanks for your reply. Anyway I finally wrote a script on KIX to make the sms sending from a GSM mdm. I basically put my localhost as the smtp server for cacti, then converted the mails on the queue to txt files and send them out with gnokii.

Best regards!
lanyao

Post by lanyao »

mrh wrote:Many thanks for your reply. Anyway I finally wrote a script on KIX to make the sms sending from a GSM mdm. I basically put my localhost as the smtp server for cacti, then converted the mails on the queue to txt files and send them out with gnokii.

Best regards!
Well done, I think it's very useful!
How did you do this, will you share your experience with us? :P
mrh
Cacti User

Post by mrh »

Yes, of course!

Please find attached the kix-script you'll need to modify to fit your requirements.

Your scheduled task for the poller must be replaced by the batch enclosed.

You will need to download KIX32.exe and the gnokii for windows application. KIX32 should be on a windows path directory. Gnokii files must be placed under %userprofile% root (docs&settings\user\.) of the user which runs the scheduled task (no SYSTEM account possible).

Have luck! And ask me if you need further assistance... ;)
Attachments
SMS.bat.txt
Batch for the scheduled task
(81 Bytes) Downloaded 1116 times
SMS.kix.txt
KIX script to convert emails to SMS
(3.97 KiB) Downloaded 1361 times
send.bat.txt
Batch to send SMS with gnokii
(54 Bytes) Downloaded 1594 times
lanyao

Post by lanyao »

mrh wrote:Yes, of course!

Please find attached the kix-script you'll need to modify to fit your requirements.

Your scheduled task for the poller must be replaced by the batch enclosed.

You will need to download KIX32.exe and the gnokii for windows application. KIX32 should be on a windows path directory. Gnokii files must be placed under %userprofile% root (docs&settings\user\.) of the user which runs the scheduled task (no SYSTEM account possible).

Thanks a lot, working on it :D
plustotal

Post by plustotal »

mrh wrote:Yes, of course!

Hello,
on our system I can not found the eml-files.
I can only find in Cacti the place where I can configure the e-mail adress where normaly the message send to.

Can you help please?
If Not Exist ("%systemdrive%\Inetpub\mailroot\Queue\*.EML")
mrh
Cacti User

Post by mrh »

plustotal, you need to install SMTP service on your win32 cacti box. That won't send the messages to anywhere as you don't have to configure parameters for outbound, then the SMTP service will store the emails sent to that hostname (you can put localhost as your email server in cacti) in the Queue folder with EML extension. It's complex and you'll need to spend a lot of time, mostly with the gnokii, but at least the script is already done!
plustotal

Post by plustotal »

mrh wrote:plustotal, you need to install SMTP service on your win32 cacti box. That won't send the messages to anywhere as you don't have to configure parameters for outbound, then the SMTP service will store the emails sent to that hostname (you can put localhost as your email server in cacti) in the Queue folder with EML extension. It's complex and you'll need to spend a lot of time, mostly with the gnokii, but at least the script is already done!
At htis moment I receive e-mails by a threshold. (by exchange??)
Is it stil difficult/cost a lot of time ?

I can not find the queue folder on the cacti server
mrh
Cacti User

Post by mrh »

plustotal,

There's no way (with my script) to receive email + SMS alerts - you need to switch. So if instead of pointing your cacti to send emails via SMTP:yourexchangeserver you need to put the cacti hostname itself, install SMTP on your cacti box (of course needs to be different machine than your exchange server) and proceed ;)
eky ramadhan

sms for threshold plugin

Post by eky ramadhan »

mrh wrote:you need to install SMTP service on your win32 cacti box. That won't send the messages to anywhere as you don't have to configure parameters for outbound, then the SMTP service will store the emails sent to that hostname (you can put localhost as your email server in cacti) in the Queue folder with EML extension. It's complex and you'll need to spend a lot of time, mostly with the gnokii, but at least the script is already done!
hi MRH...
I use QK SMTP Server, and the queue file has ".qks" extention. there's no file *.eml
I've try to convert queue.qks file into *.txt, but the *.txt file is empty. an error shown that the file is being used by another program.

Would you please give me some solution for this problem?

And,, can you tell me what kind of SMTP server that you use? Please?
sorry for my bad english:-)
thanks.