Missing Graphs and Scary Debug

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

aLTeReGo

Missing Graphs and Scary Debug

Post by aLTeReGo »

I have just installed Cacti on a new machine running Windows Server 2003 SP1 with IIS6. I have followed the directions "\cactiroot\docs\html\install_windows.html" for my new install.

These are the downloads I have used in my installation.

rrdtool-cygwin-1.2.9.zip
mysql-5.0.17-win32.zip
php-5.1.1-Win32.zip
rrdtool-cygwin-1.2.9.zip
cacti-cactid-0.8.6g.zip
net-snmp-5.2.2-1.win32.exe

For some reason I am not getting any graphs. They are broken/missing.

My Graph debug contains.

c:\cacti\rrdtool\rrdtool.exe (608): *** system shared memory version mismatch detected - 0x75BE0074/0x75BE0084

Does anyone have any ideas?[/url]
aLTeReGo

Follow-up

Post by aLTeReGo »

Well I found the reason for my "system shared memory version mismatch detected " error. It seems I had another version of cygwin1.dll in memory from my OpenSSH installation. Once I stopped sshd.exe rrdtool returned with "ok" in the graph debug log but still no graphs.

I figured out that the problem was that I had not defined the rrdtool font. When I populated the font path with "c:/windows/fonts/cour.ttf" everything came together. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

It's a DLL version issue with cygwin1.dll. Once you correct it you will need to reboot.

Also, if you must have 2 versions of cygwin1.dll, make sure neither of them are in your path. Then, place the required cygwin1.dll files in the directory with the executable requiring it.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?