RRD Files not being created

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

NetGeek

RRD Files not being created

Post by NetGeek »

Hello All! I am a newbie to Cacti and have been able thus far to get the basic install up and running for 0.8.6g on Solaris 8. I have been able to configure and view graphs for localhost performance and interface counters for remote devices via SNMP. Sooo now I decided to try add a set of templates found on this forum:
http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t ... hlight=saa.

I was able to successfully import the data query and snmp query. I added a router with SAA running on it and was able to create graphs of SAA probes running. However it appears that I am missing something. The graphs are showing up as red Xs. I went into graph management and turned on Graph Debug Mode and got the following:
ERROR: opening '/usr/local/cacti-0.8.6g/rra/sttlwasaa01_rttmax_23.rrd': No such file or directory.

I checked the rra directory and indeed there are no files that correspond to the graphs I created.

I have also checked the poller cache and did not see any entries that would gather data to populate the graphs. I tried clearing the poller cache with the same results.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to debug this problem?

Thanks!
Dave
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Is this the only failing one? Do you have other working SNMP-based graphs for exactly that host?
If not, see Device List for a downed host and see Settings on how to remove this issue.
Reinhard
Attachments
Settings
Settings
downed-host-detection.png (35.04 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
Device List
Device List
device-list.png (29.34 KiB) Viewed 1004 times