Cisco ASA/PIX VPN Statistics

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

sabs

Re: Cisco ASA/PIX VPN Statistics

Post by sabs »

I can`t get it to work...
I`m trying to monitor 5515 and 5525 ASA`s running version 9.1 using snmpV3;
I`m runninc cacti 0.8.8b;

I get this "Data verbose query" message:

+ Running data query [14].
+ Found type = '4' [Script Query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/usr/share/cacti/resource/script_queries/cisco_asa_vpn_tunnel.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ <arg_num_indexes> missing in XML file, 'Index Count Changed' emulated by counting arg_index entries
+ Executing script for list of indexes 'perl /usr/share/cacti/scripts/query_lan2lan_cisco.pl ocelmmleal X.X.X.X ASA ...... index' Index Count: 0
+ Executing script query 'perl /usr/share/cacti/scripts/query_lan2lan_cisco.pl ocelmmleal X.X.X.X ASA .......... query index'

Associated Data Queries
Data Query Name Debugging Re-Index Method Status
1) Cisco ASA/PIX -VPN Statistics (Verbose Query) Uptime Goes Backwards Success [0 Items, 0 Rows]
francknavarro8391

Post by francknavarro8391 »

Hello all

I'm new in this forum and apologize for bad English.
I am experience the same issue with my cacti server since i have upgraded from 0.8.7 version to 0.8.8a version.
Does anybody have a work around ?

Regards
jameshouston135

Post by jameshouston135 »

francknavarro8391 wrote:Hello all

I'm new in this forum and apologize for bad English.
I am experience the same issue with my cacti server since i have upgraded from 0.8.7 version to 0.8.8a version.
Does anybody have a work around ?

Regards
If you have the same VPN issue and you read the reply then you have to know the solution. Everyone have already put their efforts in it regarding monitor LAN to LAN VPN tunnel traffic between our Cisco ASAs and remote peers. However warm welcome to ask more.
vpnranks.com
lpossamai

Post by lpossamai »

Hi all,

The script is working fine with my Cisco ASA 5520 and Zabbix 3.4. Check out this thread (https://www.zabbix.com/forum/zabbix-hel ... ffic-state) for more information.

However, I would like to get the Average (correlation) instead of RX/TX.
Is it possible to get that with the script? If so, could you please point me how?

This is how the graph looks atm:

I don't wanna get the total bandwidth usage for that vpn session... I would like to get a better graph. Is that something I need to change in the script?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Lucas

EDIT:

I managed to get a better looking graph :). Please check https://www.zabbix.com/forum/zabbix-hel ... ffic-state for more information.