Uptime plugin (reboot monitor)

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

jwilda

Post by jwilda »

I replaced the check-uptime.php with this http://forums.cacti.net/download.php?id=12879 and now it is showing the actual uptime of the machine.
gigimon

Post by gigimon »

Hi people!
I am used Cacti 0.8.7b with Plugin Architecture 2.1.
I am installl this plugin, Enable in Plugin management, Set View/rdit uptime at user profile, and enable at my device, but not show new column on device list. Help me please
L0gRuS
Cacti User

Post by L0gRuS »

hi.
i download and install uptime-hj. all work. but when i change host.php on alternate i can't add new device. on top page error message "Error: Save Failed: Field Input Error (Check Red Fields)." but can't see any red fields.
and snmp option ver3 by default.
who can resolve this problem?

now when i add device i use old host.php.
Cacti v.087g + PAv2.9
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

L0gRuS wrote:hi.
i download and install uptime-hj. all work. but when i change host.php on alternate i can't add new device. on top page error message "Error: Save Failed: Field Input Error (Check Red Fields)." but can't see any red fields.

The alternate host.php would have been for a specific version of Cacti - I doubt it's as new as 0.8.7b.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
L0gRuS
Cacti User

Post by L0gRuS »

Howie wrote:
L0gRuS wrote:hi.

The alternate host.php would have been for a specific version of Cacti - I doubt it's as new as 0.8.7b.
yep, but nothing for 0.87b i can't found and use old host.php, maybe anyone have idea for realisation additional column on devices ?
Cacti v.087g + PAv2.9
charlesdf23
Cacti User

Post by charlesdf23 »

apperrault wrote:I manually went into the MySQL DB and ran the following command. It worked like a charm.

Code: Select all

UPDATE `cacti`.`host` SET `uptime` = 'on' 
and now all of my devices have the Check Uptime box checked.

app
Since I am SQL challenged, would any of you have a dumb-dumb command that could be ran to enable this for all the devices? I tried the SQL statement and got this:

Code: Select all

mysql>  UPDATE `cacti`.`host` SET `uptime` = 'on' 
    -> ;
ERROR 1175 (HY000): You are using safe update mode and you tried to update a table without a WHERE that uses a KEY column
charlesdf23
Cacti User

Post by charlesdf23 »

Any chance to see the uptime in the devices tab in the near future? Or perhaps seeing it reliably somewhere else?

I am trying to utilize this for EOM reporting showing uptime, and availability and have not had much luck thus far with either.

Thanks in advance.
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

I don't think there are any hooks in the plugin architecture to allow you to add columns to the devices list...

it wouldn't be too hard to have an additional page somewhere else that shows it though. If I get bored enough in the next few days, I'll write a Superlinks page for it.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
torstentfk
Cacti User

Post by torstentfk »

HI

upgraded from 0.3 to 0.4 and in ppmyadmin I found that there is no index defined in both tables of uptime.
is it mandatory to have an index and if so- which columns should I use?
Torsten
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

torstentfk wrote:HI

upgraded from 0.3 to 0.4 and in ppmyadmin I found that there is no index defined in both tables of uptime.
is it mandatory to have an index and if so- which columns should I use?
Torsten
It's not mandatory. A non-unique index on id might help, but that's a performance thing for large tables rather than a requirement.
smlick
Cacti User

Post by smlick »

gigimon wrote:Hi people!
I am used Cacti 0.8.7b with Plugin Architecture 2.1.
I am installl this plugin, Enable in Plugin management, Set View/rdit uptime at user profile, and enable at my device, but not show new column on device list. Help me please
I have also this configuration (0.8.7b and PIA 2.1) with the same problem.......no uptime column into device section and no device into uptime tab........
I tried also the modified PIA 2.1 host.php inside the uptime folder but I get an error and then I have to rollback.

Any solution??

Regards
Alessio
Cacti Version 0.8.8c production / 0.8.8c test W2008 -- Plugin:Weathermap - Monitor - CAMM 1.6.7 :) - Nectar - GPS Map
lankienen
Cacti User

Post by lankienen »

497.1day uptime reboot problem:

@torsten
@gilles

Hmm the code doesn't work correct:

I use the following values:
if (($old_uptime<42949 37296) || ($old_uptime>42949 67296))

2 days ago I received some new overflows, with different values (497.1d):

42949 63633
42949 51645
42949 63689
42949 53448
42949 35195 (ok...not in the span but early!)

I only use uptime plugin!

Directory: uptime
Version: 0.3
Author: Gilles Boulon

/lankienen
rdege
Cacti User

Cannot redeclare uptime_config_form()

Post by rdege »

Hi,

I'm curious if this plug-in is still in development. I just tried to use uptime-0.4.zip with 0.8.7d, and PA 2.4, but it appears to break the PA.

When I click on the Plugin Management link from within the Console, I get the following error message:

EDIT: Posted wrong error message. Here's the correct one:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function uptime_version() in /var/www/html/cacti-0.8.7d/plugins.php on line 219

-Rob
rdege
Cacti User

Post by rdege »

Hi,

I discovered that a quick s/plugin_//g to the setup.php file fixes the PA, and the uptime plugin is now displayed in the Plugin Management window.

Unfortunately, that's as far as it goes. There is no settings, or realm permissions listed, nor does the uptime tab appear at the top.

I'm no good at hacking away at the code, but any help is appreciated :)

-Rob
badler161

Has anyone gotten uptime to work with PA 2.2?

Post by badler161 »

rdege, have been able to resolve your issue?

I just installed PA 2.2 before discovering uptime plugin. I would like to downgrade to 2.1 but I have yet to find detailed directions on how to do so. From what I am reading monitor replaces uptime however I enjoy the simplicity of uptime more.

Using Uptime version .4, Cacti 8.7c, PA 2.2

Error given:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function uptime_version() in /var/www/html/plugins.php on line 219