Manage Plugin 0.6.2 for monitoring networks, servers...

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

lex8009

uptime

Post by lex8009 »

Seems that the uptime being displayed does not always match with what's in the device. For example I've a cisco 2610 that's been up for more than 2 yrs, but it's displaying the uptime as 413 days 13 hrs. I've tried snmp (uptime chk) and (sysdesc chk) but didn't make a difference.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

cacti 0.8.6h
manage 0.3.2
jherrinike

Post by jherrinike »

Yes I have seen this. On mine it works fine on my IOS devices but my 6500 and 4000 series Cisco Catalyst switches running CatOS reports back the wrong uptime. My IOS ones include 2950, 3500Xl, 3550, 3560, 3750 seem to work.
lex8009

Post by lex8009 »

I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug, but if I use the url localhost/graph_view.php (using guest acct), and then tried to access the manage tab, it comes back with a cacti login prompt. In the user setting, the "use manage" chkbox is checked. Or is there another setting that was missed?

I think this is a good way to allow non admin to view the status of each device and it allows to view the graphs when the user selects a device.
r_chetanjain
Cacti User

view only access other than admin

Post by r_chetanjain »

hi,

nice plugin to work with.....as of now all the users are able to view/change manage access to this plugin.....can u change it to the other plugins like only the admin has view/change access and other users have only view manage...

Chetan
spoonman
Cacti User

Trouble Installing

Post by spoonman »

I need alittle help?? This installs just a like any other plugin ?? Well, I extracted the latest manage-0.3.2 and then moved it to my plugins folder to a folder called manage. I added the $plugins[] = 'manage'; line to my config.php file and when I open cacti i get the first error of not being able to see manage_host table. I look in my cactidb DB and there are no manage tables?? What am I doing wrong to get this installed to where i get the setup to work and create all tables ??

Thanks

Am running LInux, Cacti H, MySQL 4.1.5....
pgus
Cacti User

Post by pgus »

All plugins should create its tabels when plugin installed.
If not try to maual run manage-0.1.sql
Take also a look in your logfile.
spoonman
Cacti User

Post by spoonman »

I found the error, in tryint to manually run the import manage-0.1.sql fle is failed at this line.....

INSERT INTO settings VALUES ('manage_date', '0'));

I took out the extra ) and it worked!!! I didnt' run it manually I just let cacti do it. Thanks..... That file was included in the latest zip file....maybe giles needs to check on it and remove that error/// or it was an error for me and my version of Mysql 4.1.5 Standard

Thanks
grodno5

Cacti_manage_plugin Error

Post by grodno5 »

I install latest manage plugin and getting an error:Table 'cacti.manage_host' doesn't exist, andi can't see anyhing else.
what i'm doing wrong or what do i need to run to fix this.

i run manualy:
# php manage-0.1.sql
Content-type: text/html
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.9

alter table host add manage char(3) default '' not null after disabled;

CREATE TABLE manage_host ( id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', uptime bigint(20) default NULL, type mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', services text, statut text);
CREATE TABLE manage_method ( id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', method text);
CREATE TABLE manage_alerts (idh mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', datetime datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', ids mediumint(8) unsigned default '0', message text, note text, ida mediumint(9) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, PRIMARY KEY (ida));
CREATE TABLE manage_host_services ( id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', services mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', statut text);

INSERT INTO settings VALUES ('manage_events', '5');
INSERT INTO settings VALUES ('manage_poller', '0');
INSERT INTO settings VALUES ('manage_method', '0');
INSERT INTO settings VALUES ('manage_date', '0');

thanks
Attachments
error
error
cacti_manage_error.jpeg (14 KiB) Viewed 7893 times
SteveIs4Cacti

Multiple E-Mails about Device being up or down

Post by SteveIs4Cacti »

The manage plugin is working great however I am getting out of the blue e-mails about device port being up. When I check, they never went down and have been up for some time.

I have also found the uptime issue with my CAT 4000 switches. I came in one morning and had e-mails indicating the CAT 4000 switches had rebooted. In checking the switches, they did not.

Also helpful hint, If you get a very large number of devices (we have 144 currently in manage) make sure you change you php settings to allow the poller to run more than 30 seconds or you will not get port availability. I am running on a Win2K3 server with PHP 4.

Stevo
spoonman
Cacti User

Post by spoonman »

Question about the Host up down email events?? How does the realert portion work?? I have a host down testing this manage plugin, using snmp uptime check, I got an email letting me know it was down?? Shoud it re alert?? I havent gotten one?? Does it work off the Thold alerting settings? Thanks
SteveIs4Cacti

Post by SteveIs4Cacti »

If you set a device to monitor a port, say 22 for ssh, and the device went down, I would alert for the port going down and when it was back up. You can change in the settings on what to alert for such as up/down down down/reboot, etc. You can also set a repeat setting after a certain number of poller runs.
torstentfk
Cacti User

Re: uptime

Post by torstentfk »

lex8009 wrote:Seems that the uptime being displayed does not always match with what's in the device. For example I've a cisco 2610 that's been up for more than 2 yrs, but it's displaying the uptime as 413 days 13 hrs. I've tried snmp (uptime chk) and (sysdesc chk) but didn't make a difference.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

cacti 0.8.6h
manage 0.3.2
Hi,

uptim counter is 32bit = 491 days then it wraps arround.
Wrote a patch to ignore this and its working fine - you can find this in the forum at uptime-plugin.

Torsten
lex8009

uptime

Post by lex8009 »

torstentfk, thanks, I'll give it a try.
torstentfk
Cacti User

problems with snmp v3 and php 4 / 5/ cacti-get

Post by torstentfk »

Hi,

whats wrong with this settup:
- we have one php version in /usr/bin (php v4) and this is in the global search path
- we have another version php5 in /software/php5.
- calling check-manage.php with php4 all devices are responding
- calling check-manage.php with php5 some devices unsing snmp v3 do not responde. Strange to this is that some other snmp-v3 hosts are responding.
- makeing a test php-script using the php-snmp_get function works fine, also using the cacti-function for snmpget is working fine.
So only some calls from the check-manage function do not work. I checked the parameter for this hosts but all seems correct.
Has anyone an idea?
Cacti Version - 0.8.6h
Poller Type - CMD.php
Server Info - Linux 2.4.21-37.ELsmp
Web Server - Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat)
PHP - 5.1.4
PHP Extensions - xmlwriter, libxml, dom, xmlreader, xml, tokenizer, standard, SimpleXML, SPL, session, sockets, snmp, PDO, SQLite, Reflection, posix, mysqli, mysql, mbstring, iconv, hash, gd, date, ctype, zlib, pcre, apache2handler
MySQL - 4.1.15
RRDTool - 1.2.11
SNMP - 5.3.1
Plugins
  • manage (manage - v0.3.2)
    Thresholds (thold - v0.3.0)
    Device Tracking (mactrack - v0.0.1b)
    Uptime (uptime - v0.3)
    Syslog Monitoring (haloe - v0.4)
    Network Tools (tools - v0.2)
    cycle - v0.1
    RRD Cleaner - v1.2
    Poller Performance Report (pollperf - v0.1)
    Host Info (hostinfo - v0.1)
    Update Checker (update - v0.2)
    Change password (passwd - v0.1)
Torsten
akashah

Post by akashah »

Hi community,

How want to change from full view to simple view as a default? I try to modify the code. But not succes. It always show full view as a default. Actually i'm not expert about programming :oops: