Reporting: Top Talkers, busiest servers - PLUGIN AVAILABLE

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

mongo

Same Problem

Post by mongo »

twelzy wrote:Thanks luckyksc!
Now my reports definitions are show in the "Report Settings" page!
(bradley, could you update the 'setup.php' to fix the absence of the 'enabled' field in the plugin_report_definitions table?!)

But now I'm having the same problems that you, luckyksc...
All my reports are with value 0.00!!!

Any idea...?!

Thanks in advance!
(And sorry for my poor English...)
Has anyone found or posted a fix to this problem yet? Everything seems to working fine, execpt for the values of 0.00 in my reports.

Thanks,

mongo
Pumpi
Cacti User

Post by Pumpi »

Same for me ... :cry:
scottsta

TOP TALKERS - Reports working - but no data

Post by scottsta »

Hi - all - first post - this report looks great EXCEPT that I have no data - I have checked the plugin_report_items table in MYSQL and this shows zeros for the graph data - also the plugins_report_last_values table is also empty.

Any idea what is going on ? the Perl script seems to be querying the RRA value - but unfortunately it is not going in ?

thankss
scottsta

Follow up Suggestion - RRDpo to Fix zero data problem....

Post by scottsta »

After doing some digging around its seems that the issue might be something to do with Windows and the Perl RRD module (not working).

I have found the following at the RRD web site, it appears to be a perl module, which can call the RRD executable.

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webto ... b/contrib/

My thought is that the perl module RRDpo.pm could be used instead of RRDs.pm to provide the correct feedback from parsing the RRds.

Thoughts ? is this a simple work around to this issue for Windows ?

Please note that I am not a coder - if anyone figures out how to change Bradleys perl script to use RRDpo instead of RRDs and can get data instead of zeros - that would very cool...

thanks
blackakashi

Post by blackakashi »

Hi Scott,

To install RRDtool perl librairies, you have the install.cmd files in the rrdtool-1.2.10-win32-perl58 folders.
You just have to launch it.
You also need DBI and DBD-mysql.

Greetings.
Boris
Diggit2001
Cacti User

Post by Diggit2001 »

I just installed this on my CactiEZ server and set up a few reports. They seem to be working, but I have this in my Cacti log:

07/06/2006 11:52:50 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "SELECT plugin_report_last_values.id, plugin_report_last_values.local_graph_id, plugin_report_items.consolidation_function_id, graph_templates_item.text_format, graph_templates_graph.vertical_label, plugin_report_last_values.graph_item_last_value as graph_item_value FROM plugin_report_last_values, graph_templates_item, graph_templates_graph WHERE report_definition_id = 3 AND plugin_report_items.local_graph_id = graph_templates_item.local_graph_id AND plugin_report_items.graph_item_id = graph_templates_item.id AND plugin_report_items.local_graph_id = graph_templates_graph.local_graph_id "

07/06/2006 11:52:48 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "SELECT DISTINCT plugin_report_last_values.graph_item_id, graph_templates_item.text_format FROM plugin_report_last_values, graph_templates_item WHERE graph_templates_item.id = plugin_report_last_values.graph_item_id AND plugin_report_last_values.report_definition_id = "

07/06/2006 11:52:48 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "SELECT plugin_report_last_values.id, plugin_report_last_values.local_graph_id, plugin_report_items.consolidation_function_id, graph_templates_item.text_format, graph_templates_graph.vertical_label, plugin_report_last_values.graph_item_last_value as graph_item_value FROM plugin_report_last_values, graph_templates_item, graph_templates_graph WHERE report_definition_id = AND plugin_report_items.local_graph_id = graph_templates_item.local_graph_id AND plugin_report_items.graph_item_id = graph_templates_item.id AND plugin_report_items.local_graph_id = graph_templates_graph.local_graph_id "

I have set up a few other reports that just never seemed to work, i.e. no data shows up. Are the errors above anything to worry about?

Thanks
akashah

Post by akashah »

Im not sure, maybe the problem is your database has no reports table.

CREATE TABLE `report_definitions` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`report_name` varchar(255) default NULL,
`data_template_id` int(11) default NULL,
`graph_template_id` int(11) default NULL,
`rra_id` int(11) default NULL,
`include_data_from_start_hour` int(11) default NULL,
`include_data_from_end_hour` int(11) default NULL,
`include_data_from_start_day` int(11) default NULL,
`include_data_from_end_day` int(11) default NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
KEY `rra_id` (`rra_id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
INSERT INTO `report_definitions` (`id`, `report_name`, `data_template_id`, `graph_template_id`, `rra_id`, `include_data_from_start_hour`, `include_data_from_end_hour`, `include_data_from_start_day`, `include_data_from_end_day`) VALUES (4,'test3',0,35,1,0,23,0,6),(3,'test',0,12,1,0,23,0,6),(5,'test',0,38,0,0,23,0,6),(6,'tes1',58,0,0,0,23,0,6);
mectaz

Unable to get runReports.pl working

Post by mectaz »

When ever I run "./runReports.pl 1 --start" I get the following error:

Can't load /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/RRDs/RRDs.so' for module RRDs: librrd.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm

I know this is an RRD installation problem (or so it appears) but RRD works perfectly for Cacti itself... and when I compiled and installed RRD I got no errors. I searched using Google and found all kinds of people having the same problem and while there were some suggestions on fixes, none of them have worked for me.

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Thanx
--
Dennis
Roberth

show reports menu

Post by Roberth »

Hi, I need help, y unzip and install de file cacti-reports.zip, but the web browser don't show the reports menu, What can I do?, when I try de run in console ./runReports.pl, show de next:

Parameter to use lib must be directory, not file at runReports.pl line 6
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'cacti.plugin_report_definitions' doesn't exist at runReports.pl line 710.
Could not execute SELECT
plugin_report_definitions.id AS report_id,
plugin_report_definitions.report_name,
plugin_report_definitions.data_template_id,
plugin_report_definitions.graph_template_id,
plugin_report_definitions.rra_id,
plugin_report_definitions.include_data_from_start_hour,
plugin_report_definitions.include_data_from_end_hour,
plugin_report_definitions.include_data_from_start_day,
plugin_report_definitions.include_data_from_end_day,
rra.name as rra_name,
rra.steps as rra_steps,
rra.timespan as rra_timespan
FROM
plugin_report_definitions,
rra
WHERE
plugin_report_definitions.rra_id = rra.id
AND
enabled = 'on': Table 'cacti.plugin_report_definitions' doesn't exist at runReports.pl line 710
main::getRows('SELECT\x{a} plugin_report_defi...') called at runReports.pl line 100

Please help me!!!
Diggit2001
Cacti User

Post by Diggit2001 »

Have you given yourself permission to view it?

User Management, choose the user and select "Configure Reports" and "View Reports" and then save. You should see it then.
Roberth

Post by Roberth »

thanks for answer Diggit2001, I used de user management but I don foun reports option for configurations, I am then admin and I have all the permises, but i still with the problem
Diggit2001
Cacti User

Post by Diggit2001 »

If you do not see the "Configure Reports" or the "View Reports" permissions under the Realm Permissions in User Management than it sounds like Cacti is not seeing the plugin. Did you add the $plugins[] = 'reports'; line to your config.php file?
Diggit2001
Cacti User

Post by Diggit2001 »

OK, that looks good. Did you extract the plugin to a folder called "reports" in your plugin directory?
Roberth

I did it

Post by Roberth »

ok, but I did it, maybe the problem is that I dont add it in the correct place, I did this:
$database_type = "mysql";
$database_default = "";
$database_hostname = "";
$database_username = "";
$database_password = "";
$database_port = "3306";
/* ----- you probably do not need to change anything below this line ----- */
$plugins[] = 'reports';
Last edited by Roberth on Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viper99

Re: show reports menu

Post by viper99 »

Roberth wrote:Hi, I need help, y unzip and install de file cacti-reports.zip, but the web browser don't show the reports menu, What can I do?, when I try de run in console ./runReports.pl, show de next:

Parameter to use lib must be directory, not file at runReports.pl line 6
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'cacti.plugin_report_definitions' doesn't exist at runReports.pl line 710.
Could not execute SELECT
plugin_report_definitions.id AS report_id,
plugin_report_definitions.report_name,
plugin_report_definitions.data_template_id,
plugin_report_definitions.graph_template_id,
plugin_report_definitions.rra_id,
plugin_report_definitions.include_data_from_start_hour,
plugin_report_definitions.include_data_from_end_hour,
plugin_report_definitions.include_data_from_start_day,
plugin_report_definitions.include_data_from_end_day,
rra.name as rra_name,
rra.steps as rra_steps,
rra.timespan as rra_timespan
FROM
plugin_report_definitions,
rra
WHERE
plugin_report_definitions.rra_id = rra.id
AND
enabled = 'on': Table 'cacti.plugin_report_definitions' doesn't exist at runReports.pl line 710
main::getRows('SELECT\x{a} plugin_report_defi...') called at runReports.pl line 100

Please help me!!!
On a CactiEZ CD install what would be the path for the

Code: Select all

use lib qw( /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.11/lib/perl )
setting?

I can't find anything like that on the CactiEZ CD install.