Report plugin ''ReportIt" - v0.7.5a (released 23/12/11)

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

hahnn

Post by hahnn »

browniebraun wrote: You have to tick the diplayed data source items like "traffic_in" or "traffic_out" or something else. Or tick all checkboxes.
This is the point.

Nothing is displayed. And that's the same for all kind of data templates...
Attachments
reportit.JPG
reportit.JPG (73.08 KiB) Viewed 5413 times
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

hahnn wrote:
browniebraun wrote: You have to tick the diplayed data source items like "traffic_in" or "traffic_out" or something else. Or tick all checkboxes.
This is the point.

Nothing is displayed. And that's the same for all kind of data templates...
Do you have sql errors in your log?
Hat das Blümchen einen Knick, war der Schmetterling zu dick! ;)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
hahnn

Post by hahnn »

browniebraun wrote:Do you have sql errors in your log?
I did setup my cacti to have DEBUG log level.

There is no error in the cacti log.

There is also no error in the httpd error_log file.
albundy118

Post by albundy118 »

Hi,

first of all, well done. Really nice plugin which makes cacti really efficent to analyse the network.
Now my problem. I want to create a report for a data source which stores several type of data i.e. time (ms) packets. Now I want to apply a measurand per data item but no clue how to do this.
Is that possible anyhow?
Additional I noticed when I don't select all data items from a data source than the results were shifted in the report. The strange thing is that the debug on the cml the values seems to be still ok.
Btw when I run the report from cml I'm getting this error message from the php interpreter

Code: Select all

PHP Notice:  Undefined offset:  2 in /srv/www/htdocs/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php on line 657
but only if not all data items from the source are selected.
albundy118

Post by albundy118 »

shit, I should have been reading the thread better before posting :lol:
So the problem regarding the shifted values and the php error is now working with your prepatch version.

So and regarding my other question to create several measurands per data item type, I read your advise by creating unvisible and defining seperate measurands.
But this doesn't work in my case, to much data items and to much measurands. Is there anything planned in upcoming versions ?

Thanks in advance
albundy
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

albundy118 wrote:shit, I should have been reading the thread better before posting :lol:
So the problem regarding the shifted values and the php error is now working with your prepatch version.

So and regarding my other question to create several measurands per data item type, I read your advise by creating unvisible and defining seperate measurands.
But this doesn't work in my case, to much data items and to much measurands. Is there anything planned in upcoming versions ?

Thanks in advance
albundy
Good Morning!
Please give me an example so that I'm able to get a better idea of your approach. (I'm just drinking the my first coffee) :D

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
der_doc
Cacti User

Problem with Data Templates

Post by der_doc »

Hi browniebraun,
ich will make a Template for ReportIt and I detected that I must use all Entries in Data Template.
But I will need only the 3. entry. I can create the Template but after I run the report
then I get the following error

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /usr/share/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php on line 657
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /usr/share/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php on line 710
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /usr/share/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php on line 710

I think this is a litle think that you can change :-)

Cacti 0.87e
ReportIT 0.71

The Plugin is a great work!!!
Attachments
Bild1.gif
Bild1.gif (17.65 KiB) Viewed 5232 times
browniebraun
Developer

Re: Problem with Data Templates

Post by browniebraun »

der_doc wrote:Hi browniebraun,
ich will make a Template for ReportIt and I detected that I must use all Entries in Data Template.
But I will need only the 3. entry. I can create the Template but after I run the report
then I get the following error

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /usr/share/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php on line 657

I think this is a litle think that you can change :-)

Cacti 0.87e
ReportIT 0.71

The Plugin is a great work!!!

Oh, jemand aus der Heimat! :-)

You're right. It's a bug. Use theseprepatched filesand it will disappear.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
der_doc
Cacti User

Post by der_doc »

Hi,
ok i will patch with this files and report the result.

Jo aus der Heimat :-) Cactibenutzer und heimlicher Erweiterer. :wink:
Gute Arbeit.

MfG
Der_Doc
der_doc
Cacti User

Post by der_doc »

Ok it works fine. :wink:
Same thinks are not so perfect.

- Value formating is impossible (%8.0lf number exact, %8.2lf)
- only put Data to the reportoutput where the outputvalue isgreater than an threshold

The second idea is to report only the errorcounter where the value greater 1 :roll:

Are in one of the next versions some features of them in the roadmap?

MfG
Der_Doc
albundy118

Post by albundy118 »

Hi browniebraun,

I experienced problems with the export funtion of a report.
I'm using firefox and my problem is when I click on "go", the associated file I'm going to download is not the final exported report. This is just another html file which then really start downloading the exported report. Am I doing something wrong?

Then regard my other problem, maybe you have an idea:
I have 3 data items in my report. All of them have another threshold value.
Since I know I can't create a measurand per data item is there a way to define a variable per data item like the maxValue. maxValue isn't set in my data Item's but if there would have all the same.
So my measureand looks like this:

f_dot(5)*f_num/100
to get how often the threshold of 5 was exceeded during the report period. But in my case "5" should be a variable which is dependent on the data item. (5 - data item1, 20 - data item2, ...)
Hope you know what I need.

Thanks in advanced
Albundy

btw: noch einer aus der Heimat ;-)
albundy118

Post by albundy118 »

Additional 2 qeustions regarding exporting reports... :oops:
Filename Format in settings , what should be the name of the variable to use the Report Description? i.e. <report_desc> ? And can I also use the date?
And when using Auto-Export (I havn't tested yet) what export format will be used and can it be changed ?

BR
Albundy
disorganizer
Cacti User

Post by disorganizer »

2 nice features would be:
1) run report even if no data items are assigned to auto-add filtered new data items
when all data items are deleted, at the moment the report stops before adding new data items with an error. instead it should add the new data items even if the report is not generated

2) allow auto-creation of data items for non-scheduled reports
at the moment the option to auto create data items is only available for scheduled reports. imho it would make sense to allow this also for manually run reports
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

der_doc wrote:Ok it works fine. :wink:
Same thinks are not so perfect.

- Value formating is impossible (%8.0lf number exact, %8.2lf)
It is planned to integrate support of round(), floor() and ceil() in 0.8.0 .

- only put Data to the reportoutput where the outputvalue isgreater than an threshold
A similar feature request is still existing for 0.8.0 .

The second idea is to report only the errorcounter where the value greater 1 :roll:
Sounds like the one before. :roll:

Are in one of the next versions some features of them in the roadmap?
Yep, both features are on the roadmap.

MfG
Der_Doc
Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

albundy118 wrote:Hi browniebraun,

I experienced problems with the export funtion of a report.
I'm using firefox and my problem is when I click on "go", the associated file I'm going to download is not the final exported report. This is just another html file which then really start downloading the exported report. Am I doing something wrong?
No, probably the header is wrong. Sounds like a bug.

Then regard my other problem, maybe you have an idea:
I have 3 data items in my report. All of them have another threshold value.
Since I know I can't create a measurand per data item is there a way to define a variable per data item like the maxValue. maxValue isn't set in my data Item's but if there would have all the same.
So my measureand looks like this:

f_dot(5)*f_num/100
to get how often the threshold of 5 was exceeded during the report period. But in my case "5" should be a variable which is dependent on the data item. (5 - data item1, 20 - data item2, ...)
Hope you know what I need.
Currently that won't be supported, so we have another feature request.

Thanks in advanced
Albundy

btw: noch einer aus der Heimat ;-)

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3