The MySQL Graph Collection

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

enigma

Post by enigma »

Hi again.

I have now applied the pre-patched 0.8.6b fixes and removed / re-imported the templates and still have the problem outlined in my last post. I have also increased the timeout value from 500 to 1000ms.

Has anyone managed to fix this or find the exact problem.
Instigater
Cacti User

Post by Instigater »

Yuhuu, I solved the problem. Problem is, that php executable must be system-wide available. If executing "php -v" in you home directory gives a version number of php than everything must work. If not, make symlink in /usr/bin directory to php executable (mine was in /usr/local/apache/bin)
:P
I'm very happy now, it's late here, going to sleep! Good luck!
arjanv

Post by arjanv »

This solution don't works for me.
Anyone other suggestions?
Instigater
Cacti User

Post by Instigater »

I also removed those #!/usr/bin/hpp -q at the first line of scripts and empty lines at the end. I also executed cmd.php manualy until it give me no errors.
enigma

Post by enigma »

I am running on Windows 2K3 withg PHP v5.02 (cli).

This means /usr/bin etc does not apply thus your fix will not work for me. php is available to the whole system though.

Really need to get this problem solved or at least identify where the problem lies.
Instigater
Cacti User

Post by Instigater »

Edit data input methods in cacti to reflect full path to php
enigma

Post by enigma »

I have edited the data paths on the Data Input Methods as below and it still does not work.

c:/php/php.exe <path_cacti>/scripts/mysql_com.php <hostname> <username> <password>

I have also tried

c:/php/php-win.exe <path_cacti>/scripts/mysql_com.php <hostname> <username> <password>

I have also tried reversing the slashes.

I have this problem also on a Win2k box but I do not have the problem on a Solaris box. The solaris box runs an earlier version of cacti and php compared to the windows boxes.
Instigater
Cacti User

Post by Instigater »

I also can say that on my linux box only host that works is "localhost". IP address 127.0.0.1 nor real hostname does not work.
enigma

Post by enigma »

Okay from some post I made in another area it indeed seems there is a problem with using cactid for perl and php scripts.

cactid will work okay for perl scripts if you actually install cygwin (default install). Well it did for me anyway. My data input just has perl ......... not the full path etc.

The reply I got was to switch to cmd.php for the poller. I did this and both my perl and php scripts now work okay.
leo246

Post by leo246 »

Does anyone else have trouble with the download of this zip file ?
I can only get the php file.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Post by Guest »

Try firefox.