Cool zoom/history feature for cacti :)

Addons for Cacti and discussion about those addons

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

pestilence
Cacti User

I just modified cactistoric-0.8.2a for cacti 0.8.3

Post by pestilence »

I just finished with the modifications, and i am currently looking where i will upload it.
When i do so i will inform you about it.
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

Ok cactistoric for cacti-0.8.3 can be found at:
http://homepages.pathfinder.gr/pestilen ... 8.3.tar.gz
Bruno Prigent
Cacti User

Post by Bruno Prigent »

Thanks pestilence.
You can also download it at http://www.linkdown.org/download/cactis ... 8.3.tar.gz (no bandwidth limitation :wink: )
TFC
Cacti Pro User

Post by TFC »

Hi again,
I think Ihave a big problem:
I uprgrade my system from 0.8.2a to 0.8.3. I move my rrad and lod files to new one.My rra files have already set to 17280 for daily(5 min. average) graph.

After that I upgrade my cactistoric from 0.8.2a to 0.8.3. After that,I run both sql files of new cactistoric. I go to graphs page and I see that my daily graphs are out of order. I mean, Normally ,I must see the time scale
as 00:00...02:00...04:00.. etc (I mean hours).
But after cactistoric installation, time scale becomes
week34...week35...week36...etc.
And graph is correct as weekly graph. But where is my daily and other graphs :(
For my cacti directory, I run :

Code: Select all

chown -R nobody:nobody cacti
And I use cactid instead of cmd.php
Anybody help me?

Post by Guest »

This is a small bug/feature of the new cacti.
Go to the console and then to available RRA's thye new cacti has manual specification of the RRA's.
Change the timespan for each RRA (daily,weekly,monthly.yearly) according to the proper value.
e.g daily should be 86400 if you check the old cacti files you will find out what the proper timespan should be.
It has nothing to do with cactistoric.

P.S if you've read the INSTALL of cactistoric i mention you don't have to run the sql files again if you had the 0.8.2a cactistoric version installed before.

Post by Guest »

Just short question, does cactistoric 0-8.3 will work with cacti 0.8.3a?
yid
Cacti User

Post by yid »

I tested it just now, and it isn't working for me on 0.8.3a, but it does work on 0.8.3...

The error I get is:

Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  get_browser_query_string() in /Library/WebServer/Documents/cacti-0.8.3a-fux0r3d/graph_view.php on line 41
Aaron
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

I will try to work on it, currently i am not available to work since i ain't got my laptop here, but maybe in a few hours i will be able to do so.
/* * Oops. The kernel tried to access some bad page. We'll have to * terminate things with extreme prejudice. */ die_if_kernel("Oops", regs, error_code);
TFC
Cacti Pro User

Post by TFC »

Anonymous wrote:This is a small bug/feature of the new cacti.
Go to the console and then to available RRA's thye new cacti has manual specification of the RRA's.
Change the timespan for each RRA (daily,weekly,monthly.yearly) according to the proper value.
e.g daily should be 86400 if you check the old cacti files you will find out what the proper timespan should be.
It has nothing to do with cactistoric.

P.S if you've read the INSTALL of cactistoric i mention you don't have to run the sql files again if you had the 0.8.2a cactistoric version installed before.
Thank you for your help. but do I change all rrd files manually?This is very big work, beacuse I have 861 rrd files. If not, would you describe me step by step? Because I'm newbie :oops:
And sorry my english is little, what does "thye" mean?
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

Sorry TFC thye was ment to be the (my own spelling error).
Ok as i mentioned there is a new feature in cacti that allows you to specify you own timespan for the graphs created, this doesn't have anything to do with the rrd files, it has actually to do with the rrdtoo graph function.
What you need to do, is specify the timespan you want cacti to produce its graphs.
This can be done through the webpage (logged in as administrator) go to console and there on the menu at the right you will find a link that is marked as "Available RRA's" click on it, a webpage with the preferences of the RRA's will appear, click on each RRA and you will find yourself with a webpage that has various options.
One of this options is mentioned as timespan, if you change the available timespans you will see that the displayed graphs for daily,weekly,monthly,yearly are affected by this option.
If you wan't your graphs to be appeared as the previous cacti version use this timespan values:
Daily: 86400
Weekly: 604800
Monthly: 2678400
Yearly: 33053184
If you set this values your graphs will be nice and 0.8.2a version crispy..
Enjoy..
/* * Oops. The kernel tried to access some bad page. We'll have to * terminate things with extreme prejudice. */ die_if_kernel("Oops", regs, error_code);
TFC
Cacti Pro User

Post by TFC »

Thanks pestilence,
I do your instructions. My graphs turn to normal.
But now another problem exists,
When I click the zoom without time query, I get red X,
when I click with time query( for example I wanna see yesterday daily graph) I get blank graph.
Have you any idea?
P.S. I use cacti 8.3 and cactistoric 8.3
Last edited by TFC on Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
DomFrance

Post by DomFrance »

Hi,
Anonymous wrote:Just short question, does cactistoric 0-8.3 will work with cacti 0.8.3a?
I did a diff between files, and here is the only difference to have cactistoric working with cacti 0.8.3a, from cactistoric 0.8.3 :
- install cacti 0.8.3a
- install cactistoric 0.8.3, without the functions.php
- add a line to functions.php :

>diff functions-0.8.3.php functions-0.8.3a.php
1143a1144
>               "cactistoric.php:" => array("title" => "", "mapping" => "graph_view.php:,?", "level" => "2"),
DomFrance
TFC
Cacti Pro User

Post by TFC »

Hi,
As I told before in:
http://www.raxnet.net/board/viewtopic.php?p=7656#7656
I think that there is some disharmony between cacti and cactistoric.
What do you think about this problem.
I observed that one 5 min. generates this error.Then other five 5 min. goes normal. I mean 5 cycle are normal and 1 cycle is abnormal.
Help me please..
TFC
Cacti Pro User

Post by TFC »

As an Information,
when I generates new graph and select 95th percentile, cactistoric's zoom page behave abnormal and when I start a query I see red X
TFC
Cacti Pro User

Post by TFC »

TFC wrote:Hi,
As I told before in:
http://www.raxnet.net/board/viewtopic.php?p=7656#7656
I think that there is some disharmony between cacti and cactistoric.
What do you think about this problem.
I observed that one 5 min. generates this error.Then other five 5 min. goes normal. I mean 5 cycle are normal and 1 cycle is abnormal.
Help me please..
Hi, any improving about this subject?