APC rack pdu stuff

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

excellent

Post by excellent »

I got it sorted out now.. was the wrong CF as you explained.
But i wonder if it is, by any chance possible to align the thresholds vertically?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regards
M
Pollux

Post by Pollux »

Hey guys,

I've imported the template(s) attached to this post, however, i cannot seem to manage to get the queries going. Do i have to create the queries manually? if so, how?

I'm still quite new with cacti, i've done wide search on forums and cacti documentation, but the things I found were not clear to me.

Thanks!
ChicagoMike

Latest Templates

Post by ChicagoMike »

I was running into the same issue, I downloaded the latest firmware, latest MIB, and could only get the total amps in use, but never the threshold values. I downloaded a MIB browser and went through the MIB to find the new values mentioned above for single bank PDU's. The new templates worked like a charm. I would recommend downloading the MIB and then use a browser to troubleshoot these things and see what values you are getting back from the OID specified in the template. In my case, I could tell I was not getting a number back and I knew that I had to query another value. However this original template does work on different model PDU's perfectly.
virus84

Post by virus84 »

Hello

I made some changes to the original template and here is my version. Hope someone have use for it. I only tried it on AP7857. This template makes graphs and presents all thre phases on the PDU. I created a host template and the template is exported on Cacti 0.8.7e. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Regards
Magnus
Attachments
cacti_host_template_apc_3-phase_rack_pdu.xml
(68.18 KiB) Downloaded 993 times
apc-rack-pdu-load-by-phase.PNG
apc-rack-pdu-load-by-phase.PNG (25.4 KiB) Viewed 8769 times
sub_zero

Re: APC rack pdu stuff

Post by sub_zero »

Hi, does anyone have the template on the PDU AP8953?
talkster5

Post by talkster5 »

sub_zero wrote:Hi, does anyone have the template on the PDU AP8953?
I cam across this looking for the same thing so thought I would post the resolution for the AP8953:

I used the multi-bank graph template from http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f ... nk#p119374 and then updated the data template with the following MIB's I got from a MIB browser:

Phase 1 Total: .1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.12.2.3.1.1.2.1
Bank A Total: .1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.12.2.3.1.1.2.2
Bank B Total: .1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.12.2.3.1.1.2.3
saverio

Post by saverio »

Hello,
do you know if there is a way to show watt instead of amps? Thanks

Regards
noname
Cacti Guru User

Post by noname »

>> do you know if there is a way to show watt instead of amps?

Watts = Volts * Amps * Power Factor

If you regard power factor as 1.0, create following CDEF and use it in your graph template.
cdef=CURRENT_DATA_SOURCE,Volts,*
Volts are device/country dependent.
Khue

Post by Khue »

I came across this topic and it seems like it would be helpful. I just tried loading the template for the Metered PDU Single bank for my AP7821 running AOS 3.7.3 and it doesn't seem to be getting any data besides IFconfig data. I did a verbose query and it appears that the Single Bank template only pulls ifconfig data.

Any suggestions on where to go from here? Should I go ahead and try the Metered PDU Multibank and 3 Phase templates?
Dan5ielle

Post by Dan5ielle »

I turned up debugging on the cacti log and it seems to be getting data, but my graph is still missing the overload level, hmm?
velvetpixel

Post by velvetpixel »

Anybody have templates for AP8841, AP8858 single phase and AP8868 3-phase metered APC PDUs running the latest AOS 6.3.2?

I tried using the older templates here for single phase (single and multi bank) and multi phase PDUs and updating the OIDs but I am not getting data populating the graphs.

I can get the data if I snmpwalk the OID so I know my OIDs and snmp v3 user info is correct.
rakis1985

Post by rakis1985 »

Anybody has templates for APC AP84xx? (3 phases PDU metered per outlet) I need to graph them....
these are the OIDs that are giving KW/h if you devided by 10.

.1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.26.9.4.3.1.11.xx (1,2,3,4,....,24)

They are giving Integer values (KW/Hours)
Please please.... :lol: :lol:
cdnvballer
Cacti User

Post by cdnvballer »

just in case =)
used .1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.12.1.16.0 to query the Power (in Watts) on an APC 8641 rpdu
(single phase, 2 banks).

duplicated the existing APC PDU Graph template and modified it to graph this value over time.. works fine thus far
mxljosh

Post by mxljosh »

How would I go about setting something like this up for Panduit PDU's? I tried using the APC templates, but all my graphs show "nan" values.
I found a MIB file on their website, but am clueless on how to get started with this task.
Any suggestions/help/input is appreciated!