Cacti/PHP Problem Under Windows

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

raX
Lead Developer

Re: php 4.35rc1

Post by raX »

rpingar wrote:Has someone give a try to the latest php release: 4.35rc1; to fix the bug?
No, but I will if I think of it sometime this weekend.

-Ian
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

I gave PHP 4.35rc1-win32 a try this evening... no luck :cry:

-Ian
pierre

Post by pierre »

I had the same problem, and I tried a DIRTY thing, but it works : the problem is permissions-related, I allowed the two IUSR_xxx and IWAM_xxx account to full permission to the entire C: drive , and it runs now very well.

Now it justs need to be fined tuned to set the rights permissions only where it's needed.

hope this helps...

Post by Guest »

hmmm I've wrote a bit too quickly :-)

It works a few times, then the same "graphics" problem came back.

So I've changed the php cgi stuffs, according to http://php.weblogs.com/fastcgi_with_php_and_iis , and it works.
Adje

Post by Adje »

Do you mean it works without running in 'cgi'-mode?

Adje
infuseweb

Post by infuseweb »

Well, I officially give up. I've tried every combination I can think of and nothing works. With IIS 6 I've tried PHP in CGI mode and ISAPI mode. Given CMD.EXE Full Everyone perms, added Everyone to pracitcally every directory short of the root, and nothing works. My graphs in Cacti are still broken. Sigh. Guess it wasn't meant to be :(

Post by Guest »

infuseweb wrote:Well, I officially give up. I've tried every combination I can think of and nothing works. With IIS 6 I've tried PHP in CGI mode and ISAPI mode. Given CMD.EXE Full Everyone perms, added Everyone to pracitcally every directory short of the root, and nothing works. My graphs in Cacti are still broken. Sigh. Guess it wasn't meant to be :(
I have it running with IIS 6. Do you mean red X broken?
Robert

got it working!

Post by Robert »

Hi,

I think I found a way to get it running on my machine (XP-prof with IIS)

I set these entries in php.ini

cgi.force_redirect = 0
cgi.redirect_status_event = 0

It didn´t work with "php4isapi.dll" though !!!

But it works when using CGI-mode for PHP and also Fast-Cgi works fine
( http://php.weblogs.com/fastcgi_with_php_and_iis ).
For using CGI or Fast-CGI see the other posts in this thread.

The crucial thing to get it working:

cmd.exe (in \Windows\system32) needs additional security setting for IUSR - read & execute)
directory cacti\log needs IUSR - Full control

Any ideas about bad security implications by allowing IUSR access to cmd.exe ?
I think access to the cacti\log directory shouldn´t be an issue.

Robert[/url][/b]
infuseweb

Post by infuseweb »

Anonymous wrote:
infuseweb wrote:Well, I officially give up. I've tried every combination I can think of and nothing works. With IIS 6 I've tried PHP in CGI mode and ISAPI mode. Given CMD.EXE Full Everyone perms, added Everyone to pracitcally every directory short of the root, and nothing works. My graphs in Cacti are still broken. Sigh. Guess it wasn't meant to be :(
Yes, red x where the images are supposed to be :(

Post by Guest »

infuseweb wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Assuming you have a default website in IIS, have you tried changing the anonymous user (IUSR_machinename) to a local account? That should quickly rule in or out permission problems.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
infuseweb wrote:
Anonymous wrote: I have it running with IIS 6. Do you mean red X broken?
Assuming you have a default website in IIS, have you tried changing the anonymous user (IUSR_machinename) to a local account? That should quickly rule in or out permission problems.
Actually now that i think of it, is URL scan installed on the webserver?
Also if you go into graph management, select a graph then select Turn on graph debug mode are you getting an error there?
infuseweb

Post by infuseweb »

No, URL Scan is not installed. In IIS6, it's not even an option, unless there's something I'm missing. All PHP pages seem to work fine.

Yes, I've changed it to a local account and still nothing :cry:

Post by Guest »

infuseweb wrote:No, URL Scan is not installed. In IIS6, it's not even an option, unless there's something I'm missing. All PHP pages seem to work fine.

Yes, I've changed it to a local account and still nothing :cry:
What happens if you go into graph management, select a graph then select Turn on graph debug mode are you getting an error there?
Robert

Post by Robert »

For debugging permissions you could try to run the command manually:

My cacti installation is in c:\monitor and my machine name is nx7000.
check the full user name of the IUSR account.

When entering the command you will be askes for a password. Just enter the user-name again.

runas /netonly /user:IUSR_NX7000 "\monitor\php\php.exe \monitor\cacti\cmd.php"

You could also try index.php instead of cmd.php

Robert
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

Someone has posted a potential workaround for this bug on PHP's bug tracker. My initial tests show that the workaround is indeed doing its job in ISAPI mode. Before I jump with joy, can some of you guys confirm this using the latest Windows pre-release?

http://www.raxnet.net/downloads/cacti/beta/win32/

I would like to release 0.8.5 sometime this evening/tomorrow and I would love to include this as a fix.

-Ian