Windows All-In-One Installer [Cacti 1.2.24] [Updated 2023-03-09]

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Well I had some time this weekend and updated the component versions.
DLNoah
Cacti User

Post by DLNoah »

Thank you very much.
siouxee
Cacti User

Awesome!!!

Post by siouxee »

I recently had to reload my Win2003 server (upgrade from Standard to Enterprise edition) and was actually dreading the reinstall of Cacti. You know how it is when you have it just the way you want it. 8)

I downloaded the latest Win32 installer and said about 15 prayers before I started to reload the server. I rebuilt the server and voila! The installer ran like a champ!

The only "error" I received during the install was that the msvcr71.dll file was in use (see attached screen cap). I hit the "ignore" button and Cacti installed without any issues!

Thank you to all the dedicated folks working on this project! This installer saved me a ton of time on the reinstall!
Attachments
cacti_msvcr71.dll_error_091907.JPG
cacti_msvcr71.dll_error_091907.JPG (29.23 KiB) Viewed 3481 times
siouxee
Cacti User

Restore old config / settings?

Post by siouxee »

Are there any "automagic" steps to get my old devices / data / settings imported from my old 0.8.6h install into my new 0.8.6j install?

I backed up all of the relevant Cacti folders before reloading the server but am not sure what needs to be copied where (without breaking the new install).

Any help would be appreciated! :D
siouxee
Cacti User

Uh oh...

Post by siouxee »

It appears I may have spoken too soon... Since I didn't follow the upgrade procedures (go figure) and didn't back up the MySQL database, I tried some manual steps to get my old data back and got the attached error.

Here's what I did:

- Logged into MySQL Admin and stopped the service

- Copied my old RRA folder / files to location of new RRA folder

- Moved the new "cacti" database folder from c:\mysql\data\ to a temp folder (for safekeeping)

- Copied my old "cacti" database folder from previous 0.8.6h install new c:\mysql\data\ location

- Verified database credentials were same for old config.php and new config.php

- Restarted the MySQL service

- Logged into Cacti as admin

- Clicked through "Welcome to Cacti..." screen

- Received the attached error

Any ideas? I know I kind of screwed myself for not looking for or following the backup procedures... :(
Attachments
cacti_upgrade_error_091907.JPG
cacti_upgrade_error_091907.JPG (63.84 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
siouxee
Cacti User

Is this right??

Post by siouxee »

OK, so I was brave and clicked "next" and finished the Cacti "upgrade".

I didn't receive any other errors and all of my devices are back in the graph tree. The best part is that they all seem to be generating data again! :)

Any idea if the error I received is something to worry about?
siouxee
Cacti User

XML file missing

Post by siouxee »

I noticed that I was missing the cisco_bgp.xml file under \resource\snmp_queries\ after the upgrade / reinstall.

I copied it back to the new install \resource\snmp_queries\ folder and now I can query BGP info again.

Could this have generated the error I posted earlier?
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

1) that dll error for the installer you can ignore. Looks like the dll was in use when it was attempted to be upgraded.

2) As for the cacti upgrade error... not really sure. You could try to manually change the host_snmp_cache table to the proper type, using something like mysql admin or phpmyadmin. Try clearing the data out of the host_snmp_cache table too, before you try the conversion. You can find the correct table type in the cacti.sql file.
siouxee
Cacti User

Post by siouxee »

Here's what I'm seeing when I go into MySQL Admin... I'm thinking this isn't a good error.

Sorry, I am weak when it comes to programming / SQL. Looking for some guidance on how to do what you're suggesting, as far as clearing the table. :)
Attachments
host_snmp_cache_error_091907.JPG
host_snmp_cache_error_091907.JPG (45.25 KiB) Viewed 3454 times
siouxee
Cacti User

Post by siouxee »

And, here's what I get when I try to edit and execute the view... Don't worry, I feel like a noob so feel free to explain it to me like I'm a 2 year old! :)

Thanks for your time!
Attachments
host_snmp_cache_error_2_091907.JPG
host_snmp_cache_error_2_091907.JPG (27.06 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
siouxee
Cacti User

Post by siouxee »

Here's an exerpt from my cacti.log file (after I reload the data query for SNMP interface statistics for one of my routers):

09/20/2007 12:40:17 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Exec Failed "replace into host_snmp_cache...

09/20/2007 12:40:17 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "select field_value from host_snmp_cache...

09/20/2007 12:40:17 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Cell Failed "select host_snmp_cache.snmp_index from host_snmp_cache...

I can send you the entire log if that would help (it's currently only about 800Kb). Thanks again for helping me with this!
siouxee
Cacti User

Post by siouxee »

One last line that shows up repeatedly in the log file:

09/20/2007 12:45:09 AM - CACTID: Poller[0] Host[108] DS[1014] WARNING: Result from SNMP not valid. Partial Result: ...
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

As you can see, mysql thinks that table is crashed, so it needs to be repaired. Run: mysqlcheck --auto-repair --databases cacti. After thats run, does mysql think the table is ok?

Click on DS[1014] in the log file -- what data query is that going to?
siouxee
Cacti User

Post by siouxee »

That appears to have repaired the table! I'll keep an eye on it and see how it behaves the rest of the day.

I've discovered that the other data query error is a bogus temperature query on some older Cisco 2900 series switches. It looks like it's not getting the right response per the OID that's being queried using the standard Cisco router template. I'll have to figure that one out.

Thanks for all of your assistance and for helping produce such a quality product!
alastair

Post by alastair »

Hi,

Well I got it all installed but cant seem to log in. I've tried the old paasswords, new passwords and still keep coming back to the same loging screen. Any ideas???
I used the latest installer, have the latest PHP installed (was already installed and working). OS is Windows XP Sp2.

Thanks