Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

New Code posted to first thread entry: V0.65
--- 0.65 ---
Tweak: Code cleanup, mostly commented stuff removed
Feature: New "GPRINT Prefix", defaults to |host_hostname| to mimic previous behaviour
Feature: PIA 2.0/Cacti 087 support
Bug fix: Do not specify a default character set for tables. latin1 is not
universal
Reinhard
TFC
Cacti Pro User

Post by TFC »

Hi I downloaded and install aggregate plugin. But When I read the README file, you wrote down that dont forget to ınstall aggrgate.sql. But there is no file called *.sql file in tar file..
So that, I can't find ant selection about aggregate in my cacti graph management.
What is wrong?
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

TFC wrote:What is wrong?
The README. I should have dropped that line about aggregate.sql. So don't worry about it. Will update README in the future
Reinhard
TFC
Cacti Pro User

Post by TFC »

Ok but i still cant found any object about aggregate in my cacti :)
ben_c
Cacti User

Post by ben_c »

Greatest plugin ever. Reinhard, you're a god :)

The only thing I wish is the ability to easily total up the data sources, I have traffic graphs with the in/out of four interfaces, it would be great to have the graph display the total in and total out. Seems to only display the highest of any one.

I tried using the stack option but that doesn't seem to represent a total either.
Last edited by ben_c on Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
ben_c
Cacti User

Post by ben_c »

TFC wrote:Ok but i still cant found any object about aggregate in my cacti :)
You've added the line :

$plugins[] = 'aggregate';

into your global.php?

Then installed and enabled the plugin under plugin management in the Cacti web interface?
ben_c
Cacti User

Post by ben_c »

There's so much potential for use with this plugin, i've really been trying to get my head around it.

I've got it stacking links correctly (colour coded for troubleshooting purposes at the moment - Attached). This is just doing traffic out of two interfaces currently.

How can I then print a legend item that displays the total of all? I've been toying with a GPRINT using a CDEF to total all datasources, but that doesn't seem to be the way to do it. Seems I need to create a new CDEF that will total all data sources and turn bytes to bits in one go.

Any suggestions appreciated!
Attachments
graph_image.php.png
graph_image.php.png (41.28 KiB) Viewed 4582 times
ben_c
Cacti User

Post by ben_c »

Dont you love it when you answer your own question?

Setup a new CDEF to Total data sources and turn bytes into bits, and we have it!

Wow :D
Attachments
graph_image.php.png
graph_image.php.png (41.36 KiB) Viewed 4576 times
ben_c
Cacti User

Post by ben_c »

Feature request : An easy way to blank out each aggregated graph items Text Format field when aggregating. Otherwise when you aggregate 20 data sources, they all show up individually on the legend and have to be edited manually, painful!
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Select the Skip checkbox for items you want to omit. When skipping a <HR> entry, make sure to check the previous item to include <HR>
Reinhard
ben_c
Cacti User

Post by ben_c »

Yup but you dont want to skip the actual ones you want to aggregate do you?

So if I select 20 data datasources, skip the parts I don't need and aggregate, it still adds a field in for each under datasource that reads usually (traffic_out):device_name for instance. That in turn, adds 20 ledgend items for those names. Which you may not want, so I have to go in to each 20 items individually and blank out the title field box to remove it's ledgend text.
sfinc

Post by sfinc »

Should this plugin definitely work with a fresh install in Cacti 0.8.7b/PIA 2.1? I have just installed with these versions and am unable to see any mention of "Create Aggregate Graphs" under Graph Management. I haven't installed any plugins before so this was my first PIA install as well.. would have preferred to use 2.0 since there seems to be more success reports using that, but I am unable to find previous versions of PIA.

The PIA install was relatively smooth, but there were some errors when I clicked install for the aggregate plugin in the console:

Notice: Undefined index: keys in /data/www/cacti-0.8.7b/lib/plugins.php on line 128
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /data/www/cacti-0.8.7b/lib/plugins.php on line 128
Notice: Undefined index: keys in /data/www/cacti-0.8.7b/lib/plugins.php on line 128
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /data/www/cacti-0.8.7b/lib/plugins.php on line 128

After that, it showed up as installed anyway. I have added the $plugins[] = 'aggregate'; line to include/global.php, and can see the "Color Templates" entry on the menu. Just nothing about creating the aggregate graphs.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

ben_c wrote:Yup but you dont want to skip the actual ones you want to aggregate do you?

So if I select 20 data datasources, skip the parts I don't need and aggregate, it still adds a field in for each under datasource that reads usually (traffic_out):device_name for instance. That in turn, adds 20 ledgend items for those names. Which you may not want, so I have to go in to each 20 items individually and blank out the title field box to remove it's ledgend text.
I suppose I know what your aiming at, now. That is, you want to delete the complete legend line. Currently, it's only possible to skip a GPRINT related legend entry, not an AREA/STACK/LINE related legend entry.
If you provide me with an idea how to build up the GUI for such a feature, I will consider implementing it
Reinhard
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

sfinc wrote:Should this plugin definitely work with a fresh install in Cacti 0.8.7b/PIA 2.1? I have just installed with these versions and am unable to see any mention of "Create Aggregate Graphs" under Graph Management. I haven't installed any plugins before so this was my first PIA install as well.. would have preferred to use 2.0 since there seems to be more success reports using that, but I am unable to find previous versions of PIA.

The PIA install was relatively smooth, but there were some errors when I clicked install for the aggregate plugin in the console:

After that, it showed up as installed anyway. I have added the $plugins[] = 'aggregate'; line to include/global.php, and can see the "Color Templates" entry on the menu. Just nothing about creating the aggregate graphs.
Up to now, I only verified it against PIA2.0. I lately patched my PIA to support UNIQUE keys, so I may have mixed it all up. Let me have a look this weekend
Reinhard
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

sfinc wrote:Notice: Undefined index: keys in /data/www/cacti-0.8.7b/lib/plugins.php on line 128
Please add aggregate to the list of plugins at include/global.php and retry
Reinhard