Multi CPU Utilization Graph

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

netniV
Cacti Guru User

Re: Multi CPU Utilization Graph

Post by netniV »

tbh, I gave up with that graph because in truth, it was messy once you got over four CPU's. I now graph my CPUs using the standard templates as there is also a CPUTotal with that now.
Cacti Developer & Release Manager
The Cacti Group

Director
BV IT Solutions Ltd

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Cacti Resources:
Cacti Website (including releases)
Cacti Issues
Cacti Development Releases
Cacti Development Documentation
Empis

Post by Empis »

netniV wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:49 pm tbh, I gave up with that graph because in truth, it was messy once you got over four CPU's. I now graph my CPUs using the standard templates as there is also a CPUTotal with that now.
I agree. Its much easier to automate if you got plenty of machines. And building reports. The cons are you are blind for each core, lets say a process gets crazy and eat 100% of one core. But i think we can live with that.

Open for other solutions, for me i would love to use automate for this :D
kermu

Post by kermu »

It there a maybe working template working with cacti version 1.2.16 for multi-core CPU, that provide display independently CPU core load on one graph ?
aldmar

Post by aldmar »

Hi all,

yesterday I tried the 32 CPU template published in this post but I had the same issue reported above about datasource mapping after the creation of the Graph.
I tried to find the error in the template but I preferred to make a new template on my version of Cacti (1.2.15), so you can see below the result:

The template works as the previous published on this post so first you need to create the graph for each CPU via "Host MIB CPU Utilization" and then you can create the Multi-CPU graph using the Datasource of the single CPUs.

Only one thing for the Cacti Devolpers, I see a problem in selecting the datasource on the graph when a theme other than the classic is applied, I can't see all the DS available, I don't know if it has already been fixed in the new versions, just to mark it.

Regards.
Attachments
cacti_graph_template_host_mib_-_multi-cpu_32_core.rar
(8.63 KiB) Downloaded 211 times