Aggregate, now at V0.66

Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

esplinter

can´t access the plugin

Post by esplinter »

Hi

I have just installed this plugin and activated it.

I have also given right permission to the admin user in "User Management" and appeared a new entry on the left colum menu called "Color Templates" but I can´t see the "Create Aggregate Graphs" entry:

I have tried restarting apache but the menu entry doesn´t appear. ¿any clue??

I have attached two screenshot to show the versions that I am using and what menu entries I can see.

many thanks in advance.
Attachments
photo6.jpg
photo6.jpg (64.41 KiB) Viewed 7709 times
photo8.jpg
photo8.jpg (37.48 KiB) Viewed 7709 times
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Please do not crosspost (well, thsi location would be the correct one, but for now I've answered to the other one)
Reinhard
maxclark

Post by maxclark »

I'm sure I am missing something basic but cannot total two 95th percentile graphs correctly. I read in this thread about a howto being put together. Is that available online?
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

No, sorry.
Please post screenshots of every screen AFTER you selected the AGGREGATE action from dropdown
Reinhard
huntman

Aggregate 0.64, Cacti 0.8.7b, Plugin Architecture 2.0

Post by huntman »

I have upgraded Cacti to 0.8.7b and installed Plugin Architecture 2.0.

I've been using Cacti for years but have never installed any plugins or the architecture itself until today.

I had to do quite a bit of reading through the documentation and this forum to get it running in the first place as the instructions seemed to be inaccurate or not up to date. One example, the PA doc was telling me to add lines to my include/config.php file when I think the latest version requires me to work with the /include/global.php file (correct??).

So a few questions
Should I see some output on the screen when I run plugins/aggregate/setup.php ?

There is no aggregate.sql included in 0.64 and the forums say that its not needed but I'm wondering if I'm still missing something.

When I go to Plugin Management on the Console, I don't see anything listed here. When I go to Color Templates and try to add a new template it says "Error: Save Failed."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
gandalf
Developer

Re: Aggregate 0.64, Cacti 0.8.7b, Plugin Architecture 2.0

Post by gandalf »

huntman wrote:I have upgraded Cacti to 0.8.7b and installed Plugin Architecture 2.0.
I did the same just a few hours ago and all went fine for me.
I had to do quite a bit of reading through the documentation and this forum to get it running in the first place as the instructions seemed to be inaccurate or not up to date. One example, the PA doc was telling me to add lines to my include/config.php file when I think the latest version requires me to work with the /include/global.php file (correct??).
Unfortunately, the online docs are outdated. They descvribe "the old way". Please stick to the Readme for know. As I do not have write access to that document, I'M not able to correct it on my own.
So a few questions
Should I see some output on the screen when I run plugins/aggregate/setup.php ?
You should not even run this
There is no aggregate.sql included in 0.64 and the forums say that its not needed but I'm wondering if I'm still missing something.
The sql is part of setup.php. No need to worry about a failing *.sql file.
When I go to Plugin Management on the Console, I don't see anything listed here. When I go to Color Templates and try to add a new template it says "Error: Save Failed."
Both should not happen. When talking about "Plugin Management", what exactly do you refer to? The Update plugin?
Reinhard
huntman

Post by huntman »

Hi Reinhard,
Let me first say how much I appreciate all your hard work on such a valuable project and your support along with it. I have read through a lot of postings in this forum and you always take time to help everyone out.

The only plugin I have installed is the aggregate plugin. The "Plugin Management" I was referring to appears under Configuration/Settings and I think it appeared after installing PA 2.0. (screenshot below).

The graphing seems to be working alright however I have been trying to get it to do exactly what I want without any success. I was hoping for my total outbound traffic to stay as a line graph and I needed a Total In and Total Out in the legend at the bottom but it only reads "0 bytes".

I've read many posts with people with similar problems but I haven't been able to get it to work for mine.
Attachments
Menu link to Plugin Management
Menu link to Plugin Management
pluginlink.jpg (13.66 KiB) Viewed 7298 times
Plugin Management screen
Plugin Management screen
pluginscreen.jpg (24.85 KiB) Viewed 7298 times
graph.jpg
graph.jpg (179.92 KiB) Viewed 7298 times
fmangeant
Cacti Guru User

Post by fmangeant »

huntman wrote:Hi Reinhard,
Let me first say how much I appreciate all your hard work on such a valuable project and your support along with it. I have read through a lot of postings in this forum and you always take time to help everyone out.

The only plugin I have installed is the aggregate plugin. The "Plugin Management" I was referring to appears under Configuration/Settings and I think it appeared after installing PA 2.0. (screenshot below).
Hi

I had this answer from cigamit :
cigamit wrote:Your Plugin Management list is going to be blank, as the old plugins don't support the new architecture yet. I will release a new thold today or tomorrow that does, and some documentation for Plugin Developers to convert over. The plugins can be backwards compatible with the old method.
[size=84]
[color=green]HOWTOs[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15353]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Unix[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=26151]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Windows[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=28175]Graph multiple servers using an SNMP proxy[/url][/list]
[color=green]Templates[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15412]Multiple CPU usage for Linux[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=125152]Memory & swap usage for Unix[/url][/list][/size]
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

huntman wrote:Hi Reinhard,

The graphing seems to be working alright however I have been trying to get it to do exactly what I want without any success. I was hoping for my total outbound traffic to stay as a line graph and I needed a Total In and Total Out in the legend at the bottom but it only reads "0 bytes".

I've read many posts with people with similar problems but I haven't been able to get it to work for mine.
Support for Totals is not yet included. I never even tried. But I accept this as a new feature request.
PA2.0 support will be integrated as soon as I know how to do so.
I'd like to point you to using the color templates if you want to seperate traffic_in and _out in your graph.
Reinhard
EoinDubh

Post by EoinDubh »

I just updated to Aggrate v0.64. I had 0.63 installed but have not used it yet. My system is:
Cacti Version - 0.8.7a
Plugin Architecture - 1.4
Poller Type - CMD.php
Server Info - Linux 2.6.9-67.0.4.plus.c4smp
Web Server - Apache/2.0.59 (CentOS)
PHP - 5.1.6
MySQL - 5.0.54
RRDTool - 1.2.23
SNMP - 5.1.2
Plugins
  • Create Aggregate Graphs (aggregate - v0.64)
    Large Site Performane Booster for Cacti (boost - v1.6)
    Dataquery (dataquery - v0.1.2a)
    Network Discovery (discovery - v0.8.3)
    Documents (docs - v0.1)
    Error Images (errorimage - v0.1)
    FlowView (flowview - v0.4)
    Host Info (hostinfo - v0.2)
    Device Tracking (mactrack - v1.1)
    Device Monitoring (monitor - v0.8.2)
    NTop Viewer (ntop - v0.1)
    report it! (ReportIt - v0.4.2)
    RRD Cleaner (rrdclean - v1.1)
    Global Plugin Settings (settings - v0.3)
    SSL Redirector (ssl - v0.1)
    Syslog Monitoring (syslog - v0.5.2)
    Thresholds (thold - v0.3.9)
    Network Tools (tools - v0.2)
    Update Checker (update - v0.4)
    PHP Network Weathermap (weathermap - v0.941)
After making sure that the plugin was properly enabled in global.php, I cannot find an menu entry anywhere for aggregate. I am logged in as the admin and have everything checked under User Management.

Any pointers????
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

EoinDubh wrote:Any pointers????
Sure: Read this thread and the README. Verbosely: The feature is hooked into the Actions dropdown of Graph Management.
Reinhard
amc-james

Post by amc-james »

I'm not sure if this is the proper venue for this, but I'm looking to see if anyone else has any interest in adding on to aggregate. I'd like the ability to have Outbound on the +Y axis and Inbound on the -Y axis. I do this currently with some custom aggregate scripts but mine doesnt really scale so I'd rather use something publicly developed.

Also, the ability to disable 95th would be nice.

Listed below is a snippet of the aggregate I have currently. A similar functionality in Aggregate would be nice.
Attachments
amc-james-aggregate.jpg
amc-james-aggregate.jpg (62.5 KiB) Viewed 6822 times
amc-james

Post by amc-james »

Bump?
tekbot

Post by tekbot »

amc-james

You should be able to do this by adjusting the graph template for your traffic graphs. For all of your Inbound traffic Line/Area Items, use the Make Stack Negative CDEF (definition is cdef=CURRENT_DATA_SOURCE,-1,*). Just don't apply same to your Legend Settings and your graph should correctly plot Inbound traffic on the -Y and Outbound on +Y while retaining an accurate Legend.

I would also put a comment on the bottom of the graph informing your users that the "Negative" Traffic is your Inbound, since the values printed on your -Y access might be misleading.

--tekbot
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

tekbot wrote:amc-james

You should be able to do this by adjusting the graph template for your traffic graphs. For all of your Inbound traffic Line/Area Items, use the Make Stack Negative CDEF (definition is cdef=CURRENT_DATA_SOURCE,-1,*). Just don't apply same to your Legend Settings and your graph should correctly plot Inbound traffic on the -Y and Outbound on +Y while retaining an accurate Legend.

I would also put a comment on the bottom of the graph informing your users that the "Negative" Traffic is your Inbound, since the values printed on your -Y access might be misleading.

--tekbot
That's exactly how it is suppose to be solved. First, I used an approach to fiddle around with CDEFs. But when e.g. already using a CDEF on the base graphs, overwriting them for the aggregate would result in unwanted effects.
Reinhard