Realtime (graph), v0.33

Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

TheWitness
Developer

Re: Realtime (graph), v0.33

Post by TheWitness »

Ok, close: error_log and not access_log, look on the response tab...

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
br3tth

Post by br3tth »

I again to generate realtime graphs to generate error messages, but nothing new was in the error log. The attached screen shots show the errors I was receiving under version 0.36 I'm pretty sure. I've again verified that its generating the rrd files in the directory I assigned under Misc.
Last edited by br3tth on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

In settings, under Misc, what do you have for
Cache Directory
This is the location, on the web server where the RRDfiles and PNG's will be cached. This cache will be managed by the poller.
and what is the owner / permissions on that folder?

The above error message shows you have it set to /usr/share/cacti/realtime/ but it should probably be set to the realtime cache directory at /usr/share/cacti/plugins/realtime/cache
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

I just made a change to boost last night around cache management, that I will put in realtime as well. Expect a new SVN push within 30 minutes. I don't know how long it will take me to release a new version though.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
br3tth

Post by br3tth »

I created the /usr/share/cacti/realtime directory for the cache, ran chown apache /usr/share/cacti/realtime and then chmod 777 /usr/share/cacti/realtime

The files in that directory are being created, but not appearing in the graphs. :S

I can try changing the directory if that makes a difference.

Thanks.
br3tth

Post by br3tth »

On a related note, the Cycle plugin isn't working for me either. Is this related?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Definately.

TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

This is likely due to a web server configuration issue. Please check. Set

Code: Select all

$url_path = '/';
And test. Then set

$url_path = '/<cacti_maybe_something_else>/';
And try again.

TheWitness

br3tth

Post by br3tth »

In global.php, I set the URL path to "/" as well as "/usr/share/cacti", both with no luck.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

One other thing 0.43 is not compatible with earlier versions of Cacti (aka <= 0.8.7e). Same goes with all the other plugins using rrdtool. We introduced a segfault detection algorithm that made it so.

TheWitness

TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

br3tth wrote:In global.php, I set the URL path to "/" as well as "/usr/share/cacti", both with no luck.
Sounds like Cacti 0.8.7 < f which makes your Cacti not compatible. You should upgrade at some point. Wait for PIA 2.9 to be released officially though. If your careful about the upgrade, it should take less than 45 minutes and 0 downtime. If your not careful....

TheWitness

br3tth

Post by br3tth »

I'm running Version 0.8.7g and PIA 2.8 right now
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Check your PM in-box...

tomrt

Post by tomrt »

Hi all !

I have realtime V4 on a cacti 0.8.7g.

Realtime graphs shows a little broken sheet,

I think I found the problem but I don't know how to fix it.

I launch a 5 second graph and at every polling this line appears in "ps -ef"

apache   31714 10353  0 09:19 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/php plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php --graph=6203 --interval=5
The path seems wrong and if I try to launch this command of course it don't work :

/usr/bin/php plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php --graph=6203 --interval=5
Could not open input file: plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php
My cacti is in /srv/cacti/cacti/, how can I manage to realtime to launch this command with the goog path :
/usr/bin/php /srv/cacti/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php --graph=6203 --interval=5

Thanx for your help
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

It's as if you are using 0.8.6 cacti. The $config['base_path'] is coming up empty.